Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

:thinking:

Comrade Corbyn has announced that the Labour Party will look to stay in a Customs Union with the EU.

George Osborne has described the Labour Party now as more “pro business, more pro free Trade” than the Conservatives.

Pigs do fly.

1 Like

He’s looking at linking up with my oul mucker Anna Soubry.
Even teresa the pipe cleaner will struggle to straddle this one.

Pity Gideon didn’t run a proper “Remain” campaign. Himself and Cameron have walked the UK into this.

1 Like

To be fair to him, he never wanted the referendum.

His self confidence was definitely part of his undoing but it will actually help his legacy now that Brexit removed him from politics rather than a serious personal blunder. A couple of his budgets were not great at all.

Gideon hadnt a clue really. Harmless enough simpleton.

He thought he was a master of strategy. He made a balls of the Universal credit as well.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.esquire.com/uk/culture/amp17158/george-osborne-revenge/

This is a very good article on him. It’s fascinating to see such a public figure move from being a chief decision maker to an important critic, basically overnight. I don’t see a Churchill type comeback for him, he is knifing the Torres daily and is just too divisive for them.

He is Tim Tim Nice but dim in reality I suspect. A harmless etony buffoon.

Promoted way above his abilities because of Daddy’s money.

1 Like

It is said that most are promoted one level above. Gideon was promoted several, mainly by the happy chance that tied his flag to David Cameron as Cameron emerged as a bolter for the tory leadership (as he had a nice “new tory” manner about him, and blitzed the debates) .

Osbourne didn’t go to Eton and was quite bright academically. He was hardly without rejection in his early career but obviously money helped.

“Etony” is a state of mind :slight_smile:

Yes. In fairness he went to the even more select St Paul’s.

He did but he also got a scholarship to Oxford and to study in the US. He was rejected from The Times and the Economist. He is hardly someone who got everything handed to him and didn’t face rejection. You aren’t the front runner to lead a political party and shadow Chancellor by 33 without having something about you. Remember a rather large number of Tories are independent schooled and Oxbridge educated as it is.

Much like your confusion about Theresa May’s academic record and that making you capable of leading a political party, you are confused as to what actually makes a good politician. What sank Gideon was arrogance and repeated poor judgement in public.

Repeated poor judgment indeed.

I think I was the first to call Theresa Mays inadequacies.

1 Like

He’s had a very hard life

You called out her having a degree in Geography from Oxford as a basis for your argument, ignoring the Leader of the Opposition had failed A Levels. Which is a bit bizarre.

As I pointed out to you at the time, many decent leaders don’t actually have a strong academic background. Paul Keating is one of the great Australian Treasurers and Prime Ministers and left school very young.

I think she was on a hiding to nothing anyway but it has been her soft skills that have let her down.

It’s not soft skills she needs it’s hard skills to tell the likes of Boris and the Gover to fall in or fuck off.

1 Like