Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

Irish average wage has been higher than the North of England for nearly a generation.
40k for a van driver quoted on here.
Garda, nurses, doctors, construction all paid way better.

Thats what i would have thought

Ireland has already benefited from plenty of niche firms setting up some offices here.

We are in trouble if hard Brexit happen though.

Amber Rudd has RESIGNED as Home Secretary.

Carrying the can for the person who should really be resigning.

2 Likes

Uk govt now rudderless.

April is on the way out, May next

1 Like

If you get word of another resignation, I’ll take a PM.

I know journalists are better paid in Ireland than England, except for the creme de la creme. The London jobs that are paid better seem to be in finance and law. That’s probably why the teachers are so pissed, they’re nearly the only profession paid worse.

Ten thousand jobs in finance skew the entire “average” wage thing in the UK. By and large, pay is quite a bit lower in most jobs in most areas than Ireland. I’m always surprised when I hear how much people earn in some roles in Ireland.
Unemployment benefits etc are far higher also, as is child support.

If Labour keep pushing this, they can destroy May.

I’d hate to see her being replaced with someone competent

1 Like

And just who in the Tory party is competent?

1 Like

She could easily be replaced by Jacob Rees mogg.
Labour need to be careful here.

Shes doing a good job of it herself .

She is. She threw rudd to the wolves just as attention was moving on. She makes my skin crawl utterly, and I wonder if she didn’t seize the chance to stamp on rudd who I suspect she perceived as a threat. Nonetheless, there isn’t anyone else as far as I can see. If may resigns, I presume it will mean a GE.

Rudd had to cover for May in the GE debate last year as well a few days after her father died.

1 Like

The toilet cleaner at Conservative Central Office?

We’re not the only place with a good health scandal at the moment.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/uk-breast-cancer-screening-450000-women-missed-out-on-checkup-invitations-due-to-error-36866719.html

The expected Labour landslide in the local elections never happened. Corbyn our!

Speaking to the centre ground middle classy types, I’m actually surprised how fearful they are of corbyn. Generally, they like him as a person, and it’s dawned on them what an utter shambles brexit is, and what clown teresa may is, but they’d rather vote for anyone than corbyn as they are terrified that he’ll crash the economy (which will crash anyway)
TBH, brexit is the torys fault and should be their problem, but I’m honestly surprised at how many folk talk about the current shambles, and yet would absolutely not vote for Labour. Corbyn, Abbott and macdonald are toxic.

1 Like

Is this anti-semitic thing real or a scare story in the press?