UK general election 2019 - corbinned

I didn’t abuse you, but nice deflection

It’s pretty difficult to “just win an election” when at least half the country is a willing participant in its own brainwashing and is subject to a mass campaign of propaganda which is straight out of the fascist playbook

And this isn’t just happening in Britain, it’s happening all over the world as despots come to power

Perhaps you could explain this trend, maybe Corbyn is to blame for all that too

The fact is, nobody has ever come up with an effective way of defeating the far right and their propaganda techniques by democratic means

That is because the far right is not interested in democracy, it is all about creating a parallel bizarro world cult in which the population is brainwashed, where it loses its critical faculties to decipher reality from fiction

Look at all the places where the far right has had mass popularity and tell me how they’ve been beaten

There are two ways, war or a decades long slog where the far right eventually make such a fuck up of the country that regimes cave in on themselves

Consistency in a world gone mad. The Bojo wannabes believe everything they read on their FB newsfeed, no surprise they elect not to comment here, the truth is much too confusing for them

There are two parallel worlds going on in UK and US and elsewhere, even Irish politics as was shown in the 8th Amendment referendum

One is the normal world of polls and horse race analysis, the children’s merry-go-round of “access journalism” and anonymous sourcing and children’s menu tweets by Laura Kuennsberg and Robert Peston etc.

The other is the sustained and vicious war on democracy that is being waged by the far right

The horse racing gets the coverage, it’s the war on democracy that really matters

The revolution is not being televised

The right wing self entitled nuts embracing Bojo and Trump will get a rude awakening when the Micheal Davitts of the new world come a knocking on their door

I want that to be true

History shows it rarely is

One side has truth, the other side has an endless supply of money, and endless machine churning out mind-bending propaganda that pays zero heed to reality, voter suppression, and increasingly, the judiciary, especially in the places like the US, Hungary, Poland and Brazil

Think about it. Its as true now as Brexit was 5 years ago. Most of the Bojo apologists on here probably think that corner of Croker was named after a Tory

I saw this

It was jaw dropping

There is only one reason this can happen, and it’s the influence of a mass bullshit industry churning out mind-bending propaganda and completely silencing all discussion of the real issues

And the BBC is a paid up member of that mass bullshit industry

I don’t think there are many or any Boris apologists on here. Most seem to think he’s a dangerous fool but are frustrated at the inability of the British political system to regain some sort of sanity

On the one hand you have a party that wants Britain to crash out of the EU, wants to destroy the NHS, desperately wants to destroy the welfare state and workers’ rights and turn Britain into a deregulated dystopia, is completely shot through with racism and xenophobia, is likely under Russian influence and votes to prop up fascists in the European Parliament, doesn’t take climate change seriously and belittles threats of violence against MPs and says the victims of Grenfell lacked common sense

But on the other hand you have a party that has made a few noises about private schools, wants to improve workers rights and wants to slightly raise taxes on the rich, so I guess it balances out

Nadhim Zahawi is like a TFK poster desperately digging in to try and defend a ludicrous position for fear of losing face, rather than just admitting that his ludicrous position is ludicrous

I did.

His cult support a serial loser. That serial loser and his followers moan consistently about people not giving support when he was the most disloyal MP to a Government ever. Their great hope now is that he will lead them into a coalition, where many of his most cherished policies will be watered down, all against the backdrop of an incompetent UK Government. Those are facts.

I think Tom Watson’s resignation might swing a lot of “moderate” Labour voters to the Lib dems. This will put Labour in a very awkward position as Swindon is known not to like Corbyn and will only do a deal if he’s not the leader. Ironical,y it now turns out that Labour’s best chance of a victory is the possibility that the Brexit party will split the Tory hard line Brexit vote

How is that ironic?

This nails it really.

When you look at it objectively it’s easy to see where the real faults lie. Corbyn is challenging 40 years of an entrenched orthodoxy. Everything is stacked against him, his results in the face of that are impressive.

Corbyn’s problem, and it’s one that he wont over come, is that he doesnt know where he stands on Brexit — He’s been a Eurosceptic all his career. It’s stunting him as a leader.

2 Likes

You’re not wrong there either.

He wants to leave the EU. He cannot renationalise industries with EU State Aid rules.

I’d say his results against the current incumbents are actually appalling, but as you were.

Labour have picked up the important celebrity endorsement of triple World Darts Champion Glen Durrant :clap:

180 is an epithet best applied to other parties though

https://twitter.com/Duzza180/status/1192391839703277568

2 Likes

I see Corbyn is now saying he wants to keep up Freedom of Movement.

The Brexit Party will enjoy that. Meanwhile down south, their voters just want to stay in the EU. His whole both sides position will fall apart this campaign. His stated position is now a Customs Union plus FOM…that’s keeps the hope there for him that he can rid of those pesky State Aid rules but pleases absolutely no one.

1 Like