Ulster Championship 2024

You’d be very pissed off if you were an Armagh forward. They’ve averaged a point every two minutes and are still seven points down.

Yeah, it’s a bit sick. I love how armagh’s DNA urges them to kickpass into the forwards. I feel sorry for Geezer. Some will be baying for blood in Armagh but he’s brought them on a lot from where they were.

1 Like

That kickout from Beggan :astonished:

Landed about half way between the Armagh 45 and 20 metre lines.

1 Like

Goalkeeping is turning into a very demanding role. When we were young, you’d just have to be a liability outfield.

2 Likes

Have one of the Wylie’s retired or what?

Armagh are chipping away well at this.A long, long time left. Monaghan have dropped off a lot in the last 10 minutes.

You can chip away all you want when you can drive a bus through your defence like that. Bloody hell.

Great goal by the dairy farmer. Monaghan look to have sorted their Ulster semi-final hoodoo.

That’s why defensive football will save football. I don’t like football where goals are scored so easily. Armagh need so much more men behind the ball

Boyle has taken his place at full back. Serious operator.

1 Like

Beggan is ridiculous. Makes Cluxton look like a juvenile.

Half time: Monaghan 4-9 (21) Armagh 0-14.

Outstanding Ulster Championship fare.

The female presenter here on Sky is far more natural than Rachel Wyse in the role.

2 Likes

Grainne McElwain from TG4. Excellent presenter. Also has more than an element of thinking man’s crumpet about her.

1 Like

It definitely feels like Armagh are still in this. You wouldn’t trust Monaghan after what happened against Cavan last year.

They don’t look like a team that could score goals but I wouldn’t write Armagh off. You’d think they would have planned for a goalfest after the league game vs Donegal.

Silly mistakes have harmed them terribly. This should be a two or three point game at least.

I think Armagh have to aim to score 1-7 or the equivalent in the remaining 23/24 minutes. Monaghan don’t look like they’re particularly interested in scoring at the moment.

Game on

That was a sore one for Turbitt

And there’s the goal. This is definitely not over now. Massive kickout, lovely ball in and great awareness by Turbitt.

Armagh do seem to be very much playing “downhill” at the moment.

…and we’re on.

Kamikaze.