US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

They hate our freedom…

1 Like

The US is now effectively energy and oil independent, so has no strategic reason to be in the ME any longer. Time for the Europeans to step up and sort the place out. Perhaps the UK post Brexit can have another go at reestablishing their empire.

Bunch of Homer Simpsons realise the effect that voting for populist arseholery can have

No on 24

Whats the view on AOC? Style over substance?

V polished performer anyway

You joking?

She’s only helped that some elements of the right get hysterical towards her which deflects from her positions.

I like her, she has lots of spunk which is badly needed in politics. Besides, she is the only one of the newly elected group of Democratic females who belongs in the rough birds thread.

Why would I be joking when I asked a question?

She is far from polished, she stutters and struggles to make a coherent point at times. She leaves herself wide open to ridicule.

She is enthusiastic, presentable and young and that certainly sells. Over time she will get better.

The biggest mistake the right are making with her is the digging up of her dancing in a college music video. It’s hysterical and nothing to do with her positions.

Point re polished relates to entire persona incl social media. She is clearly v well advised

Sweep sweep

Are you new around here?

I dunno, give her credit, she is an outsider. She was elected because she is relatable to many. She was the upstart against the Democratic Caucas chair in the primaries.

Social media is one of those things that modern political machines has not managed. Nobody would have advised Trump to behave the did (and still does) on it.

1 Like

She drops a few clangers but I like her, full of energy and right minded. Making issur of the dance clip was a major fuck up by the right.

Superb from the Don

1 Like

It’s some fucked up country where politicians can cause thousands of low paid workers not to get their wages

2 Likes

Even better

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

Trump speaking to the nation tomorrow night on border security and his fetish for a concrete wall.
This is his first prime time TV appearance, I think Obama had 13.
A nation awaits.
My money is he declares a national emergency and funds the project directly from the executive branch (oh yes he can). Will be fascinating to watch the outcome.

Trump’s live address tonight has the Guardian frothing at the mouth all day. They’re showing tweets saying he shouldn’t be allowed on live tv… the President. Fascinating etc, etc

I find it fascinating how you aren’t able to post on this thread without exclaiming some sort of variation of “Trump is sticking it to those libtards, yeah!”

I think this is because you are very unconfident in your debating “skills”.