US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

Unreal, unbelieveable. Republican House leader Kevin McCarthy caught on tape in June 2016 telling Paul Ryan that he thinks Putin is paying Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/house-majority-leader-to-colleagues-in-2016-i-think-putin-pays-trump/2017/05/17/515f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_transcript-6pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.a828f1dc96c5

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/national/read-the-transcript-of-the-conversation-among-gop-leaders-obtained-by-the-post/2437/

Special prosecutor appointed. Tick tock.

Good news for Trump. Investigation guaranteed to last years, special prosecutor is a career in Washington.

It was one of Trump’s campaign pledges that he’d appoint a special prosecutor.

He’s delivered on his promise.

Oh wait. I don’t think this was what the special prosecutor was supposed to be appointed for.

1 Like

Rachel Maddow is going to be BOX OFFICE tonight.

She’s box office every night, to be fair.

Rachel Maddow is a perfect example of the Russian mass hysteria that Matt Taibbi* is talking about in the attached article. She’s the Sean Hannity of the left, capable of doing permanent brain damage to her listeners**. Like Hannitty, I would prefer to have my teeth pulled without anesthetic than listen to her for more than 30 seconds.

• Matt Taibbi (left winger, but an intelligent one) is one of my favorite journalists and writers, which in Sid’s pea brain is confirmation that I’m a white supremacist misogynistic homophobe.

** I suspect someone has been listening a bit too much to her.

I wonder what Tucker Carlson, aka “the Shit Hannity Show” on Fox will be covering tonight.

I’ll guess:
Why is Trump being unfairly victimised so much, as he so rightly spoke about today?
Did Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein overstep his authority by appointing a special prosecutor? He did, didn’t he?
Why was Trump not given more heads up time before the announcement?
Who leaked the tapes of McCarthy saying Putin is paying Trump, and undermined democracy in the process? It was Susan Rice, wasn’t it? Rice leaking the tape is the real story, isn’t it?

Look over there!

Dont forget Tim Allens show being cancelled

Has it? That’s a disgrace.

Fucking liberal scum, telling us what we can’t watch.

Tucker was all over it last night

And rightly so. Real news.

Proper news,tim is a conservative and has been badly shafted by hollywood,the cunts

1 Like

https://youtu.be/oelvAAmEQ24

Trump CAN fire a special prosecutor like Nixon did.

The law that stopped a president firing a special prosecutor lapsed in 1999.

He’s going to try and fire Mueller at some point, isn’t he?

A load of bollocks it might be, but that’s now irrelevant. Whether or not Trump’s campaign benefitted from his contacts with Russia is no longer the story. The story now is that an entirely incompetent fool of a president has tried to obstruct justice.
These are self inflicted wounds, which will only get worse as he removes himself even further from reality and loses supporter after supporter. He daily sends senior staffers out to explain whatever issue has just cropped up, only to then completely undermine them and give a completely different version of events. They’ll all start walking soon, I’d imagine the likes of HR McMaster is wondering what the fuck he’s doing there. Pence must be pissing himself (remember him, he’s the Vice President, seemingly awol in recent days, no doubt looking at lists of potential VP’s to throw that job at). Trump then wails like a fucking 3 year tantrum filled child that “ITS NO FAIR”. Fucking hell like. Any president worth his salt is able to rise above perceived injustice in the media. But now, there seems to be a hell of a lot of fake news going about.
Nearly four months in and what has he done? Nothing. What has the much vaunted Republican control of the houses done? Nothing. A big fat black hole universe of policy achievement.
Meanwhile the daily comedy show goes on, with revelation after revelation. It’s all great entertainment, but underlying it all is the fact that nothing, absolutely nothing, is actually happening or being achieved. America’s descent into complete irrelevancy continues.
China is currently spearheading a $1.7 Trillion infrastructure program involving 65 countries to build a new Silk Road. Actually doing stuff, achieving something. Not talking about building walls, but opening up trade and communication and actually doing it. Looking at the US media, you’d never have heard about that, so inward looking has it become with the daily farce. Britain is subsumed in it’s own little Brexit tragicomedy, Europe continues to wage war with itself over a few migrants.
The real power in the world is China. I’d imagine they are loving what’s happening in the US now. They continue to make friends across the world, invest in themselves and other countries. When Trump comes calling to many countries, they won’t answer. Their heart and their minds will be on China, who much of the world now sees as being the leader for the 21st century, while America falls behind, becomes more and more irrelevant and weaker and weaker.
Mandarin lads, that’s the language the kids should be learning. Instead of lapping up this sitcom in the US.

Could you reduce that down to a few bullet points, as I couldn’t be bothered my ass reading it.

2 Likes

That’s disappointing Sean, I was looking forward to a long winded non sensical riposte, replete with diagrams, references and appendices.

1 Like

Why would I bother when your input is based on mindless bullshit? Your pinup grandma Hillary lost, get over it. Continue wanking over her visage, won’t change the result.

1 Like

There, there. I know it’s not working out for you and your saviour, but don’t start the fake news shit on me. I never supported Hillary, I detest her.

Hillary didn’t win boo hoo.

2 Likes