US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

I didn’t hear uproar when players sat in Locker Rooms beforehand.

It’s totally wrong now though as Players kneel during an Anthem put in place by the money of the Army to get positive Press & hopefully use SPORT to draw in some new members.

''Tis gas really.

You really are a horrible lickspittle cunt @anon7035031

You’e the biggest documented racist pig on the site and you’re complaining about racism in another country :rofl: Almost up there with the langer complaining about free speech and he living in a country with one of the worst records in the developed world.

What racism was I complaining about ref the National Anthem?

Sitting in the locker room during the anthem wasn’t a protest, it was standard practice back then. Unsurprising that a shit for brains racist can’t tell the difference.

I’m afraid the Shit for Brains is the leader of your Country. I’m afraid you are a lickspittle too.

Players sitting on their holes in the dressing room during Anthem was okay.

Silent dignified protest during Anthem is VERY BAD.

Last night you were on about how sport and politics shouldn’t mix.

If you actually believed that you’d be advocating for the US anthem to not be played, the US flag to not be flown and any reference to the US military removed from all sporting events there.

You don’t believe that of course.

You’re just really pissed off because those who are protesting are black.

2 Likes

Again, your credibility in commenting on this issue is negated by your own overtly expressed racism.

Personally I don’t give a fuck what the players do before the game or whether they protest or not. The majority of fans do care though and find any protest during the anthem offensive. There are plenty ways to highlight racism or any other social issue without offending the majority of the people who pay your salary.

Proof???

The majority :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The color of those protesting is irrelevant.

The flag and anthem are symbols of patriotism, not politics. Whether you like it or not, the great majority of Americans are proud of their country and what it stands for, for all it’s flaws. It has (and shouldn’t have) nothing to do with politics, regardless of how many politicians, including the jackass Trump would like to make it such.

:thinking::thinking:

We can debate why freedom is free another time, but you just know that when the NFL changed its protocol in 2009 there were plenty of coaches who couldn’t stand yet another “distraction.” Stephen A. Smith is right. It’s paid patriotism and let’s be clear—it’s not what NFL honchos sign up for. Requiring teams come on the field for the pre-game national anthem wastes a good five minutes that could have been devoted to rally cries, stirring speeches, chalk talks, or the time-honored football tradition of removing helmets and bringing it in to take a knee.

As they represent a political entity, they are political symbols. That’s self-evident.

1 Like

Would you like me to provide proof of your racist outburst towards Ireland’s minority ethnic group again?

All surveys point to the majority of fans being opposed to protests during the anthem. The majority of fans also respect the right to protest, just do it at another time (like last night in the Cowboys game) or preferably on your own time, as the fans are interested in watching football, not hearing the political views of the players.

It’s amazing to see so many fans at games.

I agree with that. Again, the issue is not whether players are on the field or not on the field during the anthem, the issue is protesting during the anthem.

It’s so reassuring that a cool head, a grown up, an “adult in the room”, is in the White House, not like that insane nutcase Obama.

Trump tweet on September 23rd:

The “missile launch” never happened.

1 Like

They represent the country and those who serve in uniform. The flag has been flown and the anthem played as long as there have been sorting occasions in America. Protesting during the anthem is seen by the majority of people in the US as disrespectful to those who serve and have served, and showing contempt to the majority of the fan base.

What you think is irrelevant.

Serve? You mean invade surely?

2 Likes

Strange that the people objecting to the protests are the ones booing during the anthem.

They must really hate themselves.

So I guess what they think is irrelevant.

The US saved Europe from fascism and Asia from the savagery of Imperial Japan, you should be thankful.

As ever the right wingers want to start a debate about the form of protest, which is never acceptable to them no matter what it is.

Wind the clock back 50-60 years and lickspittles like labane are criticising Martin Luther King’s ‘divisive rhetoric’. It makes absolutely no difference how the protest occurs. Once there is a protest, they’ll whine about it.

Definitely, definitely, definitely not because they’re racist sympathisers though. Even though they cared less about lads marching with Nazi flags.

6 Likes