US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

Yes.

1 Like

I’d say he’s had half a bottle.

Play nice

I was.

Right enough, that’d be you alright!

That’s one hell of a wild and unsourced remark.

Do you think it’s a fair point of view that the creation of states by “ethnically cleansing” the native population off the land is/was not a good idea?

That’s not what you said.

I didn’t comment on what happened during the War for Palestine. I’m not commenting on the later Arab Israeli War and I’m not commenting on the behaviour of the State of Israel since then.

I would like to see some actual sourcing on this mainstream view that the creation of Israel was a disastrous historical mistake. There will be people who hold that view and there will also people who will criticise how it was done, but the creation of a homeland for the Jewish people is not considered a mistake by most right thinking people.

Gas cunts :smile:

Tasteless joke mate

Answer the question Tim.

Do you think it’s a fair point of view that the creation of states by “ethnically cleansing” the native population off the land is/was not a good idea?

Say, for example, the idea of the creation of a Muslim “caliphate” including Spain?

There is no point in debating with you.

You ignore what is posted in favour of your delusions.

You’re afraid to answer a simple question.

The reason I’m asking the question is to find out your opinion on this point.

That is not what you said, as you well know.

1 Like

Is The Spectator mainstream enough for you?

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/07/it-isnt-anti-semitic-to-say-the-creation-of-israel-was-a-mistake/

Is Richard Cohen in the Washington Post mainstream enough for you?

The greatest mistake Israel could make at the moment is to forget that Israel itself is a mistake. It is an honest mistake, a well-intentioned mistake, a mistake for which no one is culpable, but the idea of creating a nation of European Jews in an area of Arab Muslims (and some Christians) has produced a century of warfare and terrorism of the sort we are seeing now. Israel fights Hezbollah in the north and Hamas in the south, but its most formidable enemy is history itself.

Is The Atlantic mainstream enough for you?

https://www.theatlantic.com/daily-dish/archive/2010/06/was-israel-a-mistake/186093/

Now answer my question.

Congrats on using google when you’re stumped.

“Now answer my question” you childishly demand to something I never engaged you on.

Deary me.

I give you an answer which proves my point correct and you wrong, and your best response is “you use Google when you’re stumped.” Did you learn this tactic in playschool?

I answered your question, one which, in your own words in description of your own behaviour “you childishly demanded to something I never engaged you on.”

Now, answer my question, which you you very much did engage me on.

It’s a simple question which has a simple answer, either yes or no.

Are able to answer or are you not?

Coming out with my lines on you again. :grinning:

You stated the creation of the state of Israel was is considered a mistake by the mainstream. I asked you to back that up. If you can, that’s great, if you can’t then please don’t tag me again.

well we are an awful shower…

I did back it up.

I answered your question comprehensively.

Now you’re twisting in the wind.

I asked you a very basic question which you apparently can’'t answer.

Why won’t you just answer it?