US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

Sikh and you shall find the answer.

Did you know there’s a Metallica fan club for Sikhs called “Sikh and Destroy”?

Happy White Cane Safety Day!

1 Like

Aw, you clicked through :smiley:

(a)Designation.—
The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Soldiers Song or Amhran Na BhFiann is the national anthem.
(b)Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
( 1 ) when the flag is displayed—
( A ) individuals shall get up out of their seat slowly and look around aimlessly to see where the flag is and then turn away and face the pitch
( B ) Individuals shall then mumble the anthem as best they can for a while using sounds that closely approximate the Anthem
( C ) When the Anthem is played at a slower than normal pace, such as by a pipe band, those present should proceed to sing the Anthem at the normal pace so as to be two bars ahead of the pipe band by the halfway point
( D) At the three quarter point all present should immediately cease mumbling and launch into a roar.
(E) All Protestants are exempt from the foregoing. They shall wait for Irelands Call. If applicable.

11 Likes

Shoving connie round the field

4 Likes

:grinning:

Hold on a second now, up until a few hours ago you didn’t even know the rule existed, now you are criticising posters for a lack of understanding of the rule.

13 Likes

Lovely highlighting

As per usual, all right wing pretence of a love of free speech disappeared the instant they didn’t like what was being said. Suddenly it’s an employer’s rights issue, or a patriotic issue, or some other bullshit they make up to disguise what they’re really thinking.

2 Likes

That’s not too different to most countries though.

Irish people have a particular type of patriotism where they go on about fighting for freedom from the English. A tiny number of people actually did this but people go on in Ireland like it was a full scale blood sacrifice. Look at the nonsense Eamonn Dunphy came out with last week about needing a State of Emergency, “did we really fight for this?”, he said. He did fuck all.

Like everyone else who talks like this though he said it’s not Irish people’s fault for any problems the country had, the Irish people are “brilliant”. It’s a similar belief in the inherent superiority of any nationality, which is also prevelent in Britain and the US. It’s a loud of superficial waffle.

Nationalism is all a bit gauche to be honest. The whole argument from top to bottom is nonsense.

There are two fundamental misunderstanding going on in this debate.

1. Constant bleating about free speech, when free speech and the rights bestowed under the first amendment do not extend to the workplace. An employer decides what is appropriate or not in the workplace. There are lots of things in employment contracts that individuals may find objectionable, however if they want the job they sign the contract. My original point was the NFL should have made this clear regarding respect shown the anthem. That point was incorrect, they have made it clear (it’s not in their rulebook, but in their Operation’s manual), but have chosen to not implement their own rules.

2. The key wording in the Operations manual makes it clear that the concern the NFL (and other professional sporting bodies like the NBA) have is how they are judged by the public “we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and anthem”. This isn’t the slightest bit unusual with private companies who are concerned about their public image.

As I said, personally I don’t care, but the NFL are at fault here for not clarifying this at the beginning when Kaepernick started his protest. They should have either dropped the rule or said it wasn’t going to be implemented. What they did was ignore it and hope it went away.

Please provide the evidence where a Nogra member posted something that could be deemed* “pro-sexual assault”?

*By rational posters. Deemed as such by yourself doesn’t count as you are a devious cunt who twists everything said to suit your own agenda.

There was no way the NFL were going to fine him for that with all the shite that came out at the time. Would only have made it worse for them.

That they are now coming out and saying it’s okay is bizarre.

Just all round stupid.

1 Like

I expose the hidden agendas of those who are too gutless to reveal them.

Please refer to the below post.

This debate has already been had and I don’t plan on repeating it in a manner which would be tedious to myself and others.

You were offered the chance to disassociate yourself from the said posters and didn’t take it.

1 Like

The only thing you expose is your utter lunacy and disconnect from reality. Thankfully TFK provides a forum for your delusions, as I would hate to imagine what you would be like without this outlet.

Irony Alert :point_up: :point_up:

I’m sure @sidney is delighted to know the forum’s premier racist has his back. Strange bedfellows indeed.

Fantastic display of unity and harmony tonight from DaBears and DePack. As always the good old USA leads the way in innovation.

Sadly my beloved Bears are being shit as usual.

Early days, they might wear the Pack down with their running game.

1 Like