US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

Where’s that snivelling little cunt @Turenne?

1 Like

https://youtu.be/ZHJmY6h-LV0

Further proof that the pigs (sorry cops) are anti freedom of speech, anti freedom of expression and anti America.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/news/2017/10/12/bossier-sheriff-boycott-nfl-sponsor-ford-due-anthem-protests/757232001/

You have zero understanding of America and zero understanding of the concepts of free speech and freedom of expression in an American context.

In the US you are free to express your opinion, no matter how others oppose it, and free to express yourself as you see fit, as long as it doesn’t break any laws. Those freedoms apply to your own time and not the time you collect a paycheck from somebody else.

Your employer has the right to decide what speech is appropriate and what freedoms are appropriate to express. You might decide to go to work with your langer having out, your employer has the right to deem that unacceptable and fire you.

In the case you have highlighted, the sheriff was elected by his local community. Part of his responsibilities is deciding where to spend the hard earned dollars collected from his community. He gets to decide how money is spent, not some liberal nutcase 9000 miles away.

What you’ve just described is a very warped interpretation of free speech, by any standard.

1 Like

What I’ve just described is how free speech works in the US, which is the topic under discussion. If you think I’m incorrect, then argue that point instead of your usual child like tactic of saying “wrong”.

The US constitution prevents the government from limiting free speech, regardless of how offensive the government or individual citizens may find it. The exception is “fighting talk” at the individual level, so you cannot for example walk into a bar and threaten violence on someone.

The first amendment only applies to the government, it does not apply to the private sector workplace. So if you are employed by the government the first amendment applies, if you are employed in the private sector it doesn’t. Put simply, in the private sector you are entitled to free speech, but your employer is entitled to decide whether you have a job or not. The recent Google case is a good example where an employee was terminated for writing a memo critical of the company’s policies and was fired on the grounds the company found it offensive.

@anon7035031 ,crooked Hillary telling her sob story to Andrew Marr at the moment. She needs to get over it now.

She has a book to hock ffs.Its time she fucked off for good,shes had her time.

Are these true?? It’s fucking staggering if they are.

@anon7035031 facts are always correct

1 Like

What are the stats for white folks i wonder?

Thick as fuck this lot.

http://fox59.com/2017/10/14/teacher-tells-class-speak-american-says-troops-arent-fighting-for-right-to-speak-spanish/

Pretty amazing stuff.

Summary:

"In recent years, the Drug Enforcement Administration has cracked down on distributors when they’re sending too many opioids to a particular location. But in 2016, Congress passed a law that made it harder for the DEA to carry out those fines, the investigation found.

The chief architect of the law, the investigation found, was Rep. Tom Marino of Pennsylvania, a Republican whom Trump nominated to lead the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, a position commonly referred to as the nation’s “drug czar.”

Lobbying groups, including the groups representing drugmakers, retail pharmacies, and drug distributors, spent more than $106 million in support of the bill, the Post found."

2 Likes

That’s what always gets me about the US. All the loons looking around for conspiracies of shadowy figures lurking in the background secretly controlling the government, like the FED or the Bilderberg group, the Rothschilds or whatever.
Meanwhile the Government is actually controlled by outright bribery of Government officials, carried out by legitimate means of campaign contributions etc, directly in front of them, with all the information publicly listed.

4 Likes

Oh boy. A poll from the Mooch’s outlet on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/ScaramucciPost/status/920252662976860162

Three previous posts are about an Anne Frank Halloween costume

Did we see the bit where Trump told reporters he had a meeting with the president of the US Virgin Islands which is of course eh himself?

Did he say that he was a close personal friend of his?

I believe he was disappointed with the lack of virgins as well

It’s strange one alright. I suppose the idea of uncovering the secrets of shadowy elites is a lot more fun.