US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

No I’m in favor of jailing people for political corruption. Trump and his associates should go to jail if they colluded with the Russian or any foreign govt to influence the election. So far there seems scant evidence or perhaps no evidence that occurred during the campaign.

Using the apparatus of government as in the DOJ or FBI to spy on the opposition or try and influence an election is also illegal. Watergate ring a bell?

Lock them all up I say, after due process of course.

People who ran away commenting on those putting their shoulder to the wheel. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yer man’s reaction is priceless. :sweat_smile:

In the same interview, he argues for a theocracy, as the majority of Republican supporters do. As I’ve said many times, these people have so much in common with ISIS.

Any idea how early exit polls look?

Moore will walk this.

:information_source:

I haven’t heard but there are some murmurings that turnout is higher than expected - it might be approaching as much as, wait for it, 25%. :sweat_smile:

I fully expect Moore to win.

This is a no lose scenario for the Democrats though. If Moore wins, he will be another toxic presence for the Republicans going forward.

The Republicans and Alabama really are proving every stereotype about them to be true.

“ We need to get back to Moral Law “ - ah President Trump is a real Moral upstanding guy. :joy:

This will be close, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Jones won.

1 Like

I’d be very surprised. Unless Alabamans are more ashamed to admit to pollsters that they’d vote for a Democrat ahead of a child (insert noun here).

It’s a very unusual election so almost impossible to predict. Enough Republicans have either come out against Moore, or expressed doubts at him, including southern senators, to impact turnout. Whether the Democrats can get the vote out is another matter, as they are a shambles in Alabama, but a small increase could make the difference.

That and there is a systematic attempt to disenfranchise people who might vote democrat

1 Like

Fake news would tell you that we don’t care for Jews. I tell you all this because I’ve seen it all, so I just want to set the record straight while they’re here. One of our attorneys is a Jew. We have very close friends that are Jewish and rabbis, and we also fellowship with them.

Roy Moores wife responds to criticism that Roy might be anti Semitic because he implied all Jews are going to hell

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

As his charming tweet today showed.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/940567812053053441

When reporters asked whether the tweet was a pathetic trolling attempt to infer Gillibrand offered sexual favours to Trump, Huckabee Sanders responded “only if your mind is in the gutter”. :sweat_smile:

This from the spokesperson for a man who tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/781788223055994880?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fwomen%2Fpolitics%2Fdonald-trump-sexism-tracker-every-offensive-comment-in-one-place%2F

CNN’s exit poll says 65% of voters are white and 30% are black and 3% Latino.

Given that Jones will take almost 100% of that black and Latino vote, he’ll need around 30% of the white vote to win.

I don’t think a Democrat can get that, not in Alabama.

As the black population in Alabama is 25% and historically have low turnout, if the 30% number is true, that’s a huge boost to Jones.

Nobody calling it yet, 50% in, Moore ahead roughly 52-48.

Narrowing up now, 50.5 to 48.0 with 70% in. A nail biter.

Essentially tied now.
The write ins from Republican voters will decide it for Jones.