US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

The appointment of the biggest cheerleader for the Iraq war in the Bush administration makes your post look rather stupid. Like most of them really.

Where did you read what I said about the Bolton appointment? Judge the administration on what they do, rather than what you imagine they may do.

Appointments to Trump’s cabinet are meaningless anyway, he doesn’t listen to any of them.

Fuck me.
If they’re meaningless why are you so upset at our criticism of it?
You right wing nutjobs are the greatest snowflakes.

2 Likes

I’m not in the slightest upset, merely pointing out your cognitive dissonance on all matters US. Only lefty headbangers like yourself get outraged at imagined outrages.

What foreign policy actions by the current administration are you critical of and why?

Would you prefer that ISIS were back to their pre 2017 level? North Korea continuing to threaten it’s neighbors with nuclear strikes?

1 Like

War Cabinet nearly complete.

I see @anon7035031 “liked” this post.

Well, well, well. Look what we have here.

I guess Bolton is grand now because Trump has appointed him.

Or something something.

This latest thing with the Russians is fucking nuts. The Democrats would rather restart the cold war than admit they fucked up the easiest presidential race in US history.

1 Like

Who ever believed that right wingers gave a shit about Trump’s view on war? Did they care when he started appointing Goldman Sachs people? None of his actual policy positions matter. All that matters to them is that he triggers the libs. If nuclear war triggers the libs then it’s fine by them. It is funny seeing these ‘serious conservatives’ roll back on everything they’ve ever believed in their support of Trump though.

1 Like

It’s infuriating. The conspiracy nut inside me thinks maybe this was the military industrial complex’s plan all along. What is the long game here. Is it about oil/gas/influence/total world annihilation. Or just selling bombs and guns. The democrats are marching against civilians having guns in their own country but returned to cold war rhetoric.

The Democrat leadership are just trying to deflect attention from the fact that they lost to the guy with a swiss cheese brain and are generally despised by all and sundry.

Clintonian neoliberalism ideology is dead. Everyone hates it. The only way to avoid talking about that and the shitty policies that go with it is to focus everyone’s attention on bizarre Russia-based conspiracy theories.

Tactically it’s about trying to establish that they didn’t really lose the election and that Trump isn’t the legitimate president. But even if Trump was impeached, which he won’t be, it would achieve nothing anyway except to but Mike Pence in the presidency - a wholly owned subsidiary of Koch enterprises. It’s complete nonsense.

Meanwhile Bernie Sanders is the most popular politician in America. Which is the real point of the whole exercise. The right wing of the Democrats are going to face an even bigger challenge from the left next time and right now they don’t seem to have any answers beyond screeching about Russian spies.

Responding to posts from six years ago now, what a nutcase you are.

I haven’t changed my opinion on Bolton, it’s an odd appointment given Trump ran on a platform of reduced US involvement in foreign wars, and by and large has stuck to that.

Trump is losing a lot of conservatives and in particular libertarians on the Bolton appointment and in particular signing the insane $1.3T spending bill last week. If the Democrats get their act together they should clean up at the 2018 midterms, but as you say they are a shambles. They still haven’t got Hillary off the stage ffs.

Far from screeching about Russian spies, the Democratic leadership including Obama allowed a situation to develop where widespread credible evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians was ignored by them during the election campaign when it should have been front and centre.

People can screech all they want about so called deflection but that is itself deflection from the fact that Russian interference in the politics of other nations and its spread of mass internet-driven propaganda is a serious problem and has grave implications for western democracy if not exposed and tackled.

This isn’t just a US problem, it’s a serious problem in Europe.

If you don’t want people to quote posts that expose your hypocrisy, don’t make the posts in the first place.

“An odd appointment” doesn’t appear to be much of reaction to the appointment of “a knuckle dragging ultrahawk” (as is Pompeo), which proves my point about you and your apologism for Trump.

It doesn’t prove anything, other than you’re a nutcase.

There was and indeed could not be any hypocrisy, as I had made no comment at all on Bolton’s appointment, as always you were responding to something you imagine people say or believe.

What annoys nutters like yourself and your extreme lefty cohort is that Trump so far has actually followed through on his campaign promises when it comes to US foreign policy. Unlike the prior 3 presidents there have been no new wars started, no attempts at overthrow of regimes and no attempts at nation building. On the contrary, there have been a few noted accomplishments, ISIS has been largely destroyed and North Korea at least appears to be abandoning it’s threat to it’s neighbors. These are to be welcomed, unless you are such an ideologue (which of course you are), that you cannot accept any positives of the current US administration.

Unlike you I am balanced in my views, and give credit where it is due and criticism where it is due. The latest spending bill for example is an absolute disgrace, and Trump should be rightly castigated by anyone with any appreciation for fiscal responsibility.

1 Like

Take your tranquilisers, Goebbels.

Yerra Bolton will be gone by August.

As long as the Reebok Stadium is nuked, I’ll be happy enough. But they better not touch Wigan.

Crooked Hillary pontificating at length in the Paper of Record today about Brexit, Northern Ireland and other matters. Speaking from her office in New York. Office for what exactly? What part of the the eff off she got from the electorate does she not understand?

1 Like