US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

Did he wipe off the fake tan?

Probably just confusing it with the stabbing in the back he took at the weekend.

Donald Trump, Nobel Laureate.

He’s a shoo in surely.

:popcorn:

More news from anonymous sources. We have been getting these reports for the last year and a half. Surely if they have anything solid on trump it would have been used by now.

They are rolling them upwards one by one.

I dunno unless the democrats take back the house or Senate in the mid terms I can’t see Trump going anywhere. It’s fascinating to watch.

Serious criminal investigations take time, my friend.

But they move inexorably upwards.

Trump will go down in history as a disgraced criminal con man and a historic national embarrassment to the US.

1 Like

24% trade tarrif.
Take that China!

Interesting to see what China do now. Trump said he’ll do more if they retaliate. The trade is so imbalanced that it’s hard to make a counter move that wouldn’t hurt themselves.

The tariffs are on industrial and technology products, not the consumer products that contribute most to the deficit. The overwhelming share of the trade deficit is consumer electronics at over $200 billion and assorted cheap plastic / household crap makes up a lot of the rest. No way that type of manufacturing is ever coming back to the US, unless in 100% robotic factories.

The real issue being fought over is China stealing IP and producing knock off products which has been going on for decades, once you transfer manufacturing to China you can be assured of knock off products being made in a factory down the road within months. While this might be OK for consumer electronics, it’s ridiculous to allow it happen for cutting edge products.

China has been kicking US (and EU) ass on trade for two decades. US corporations fundamentally are to blame here in their drive for low cost manufacturing, which made sense for certain products but not for key technologies. To gain this cost advantage they gave up all their IP and allowed China block access to the rapidly growing Chinese market, while flooding emerging markets with cheap knock offs.

5 Likes

Having worked a total.of 15 years in American tech companies I can agree with you 100% there

2 Likes

Jail is too good for this scumbag.

Ok now they’ve gone completely fucking bananas. Sick stuff.

1 Like

what have they done now?

Separating young children from illegal immigrants and locking them up in cages.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/laura-ingraham-immigrant-summer-camp_us_5b28b769e4b0f0b9e9a4840c
Calm down lads they’re summer camps for Hispanics

1 Like

Must have got some tips from his new mate Kim when they met last week.

1 Like

Ultimately, locking up children in cages is what “populist” right-wingers are always about.