US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

Christ. :rollseyes:

Isn’t that what the transition period is for? Aren’t you meant to have your entire staff, due diligence completed on them, ready to go on day 1? He hasn’t even filled half of his presidential appointments yet. Strong leadership ffs.

1 Like
4 Likes

RIP Mooch

July 2017 - July 2017

1 Like

I can’t wait for his memoir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL1uocoRgnM

I actually wouldn’t normally, but you know what they say, there’s an exception to every rule.

Strong leadership is decisive action in recognizing someone is not up to the job or acting improperly and firing them promptly. Contrast with Obama who protected and kept in place Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch and Lois Lerner, all of whom should have been fired for grossly unethical behavior, you could also add Hillary to that list for the Benghazi debacle.

I agree with you on presidential appointments, but a lot of the key ones were and are being delayed by Democratic stonewalling (both parties do it).

Oh due diligence was done alright. It’s just that Trump’s idea of due diligence is the exact opposite to any normal person’s.

SAD!

If you know your history, you’ll know that Dublin people don’t start fights with Galway people but we do finish them.

SADDER!
On the last two occasions Galway played Dublin in the Championship, the scorelines were 5-19 (34) to 1-18 (21) and 2-28 (34) to 1-17 (20). Remarkably similar drubbings.
I appear to know my history better than you do.

edit: Forgot the Fenway Park massacre of 2015.

We don’t really care about hurling in Dublin but all the same it’s a nice statistic that Galway never beat Dublin in championship hurling until 2015. And as Dublin have been managed by Ger Cunningham for the past three seasons, those Galway wins don’t even count.

Dublin won the fight which Galway started in Fenway Park, and as Fintan Stack says, that’s all that matters.

And of course there was the little matter of the 1983 All-Ireland football final, which we won in the teeth of a gale force wind with two less players.

The Galway players celebrate after their victory over Dublin in the AIG Fenway Hurling Classic at  Fenway Park in  Boston in November 2015. Photograph: Emily Harney/Inpho

Looks like a bunch of lads who lost a fight all right.

1 Like

In contrast to the strong leadership of hiring the same fella against all the advices of your staff

2 Likes

It’s not strong leadership to put an idiot into a job and have to remove them within a week.

2 Likes

Happens all the time in business mate, do any of you guys work above the level of janitor for a living? Hiring mistakes are made frequently, the important thing is to recognize the mistake quickly and correct it. FFS it’s the communications director, they’re two a penny.

Hiring mistakes like this are not made frequently for fucks sake, stop trying to excuse everything this administration does. This bloke had absolutely no qualifications whatsoever relevant to the job, other than being a complete cunt.

I fully expect Nigel Farage to be his replacement.

1 Like

Several of his staff wanted Scaramucci hired and quickly recognized their mistake. Kelly would not accept the job unless Scaramucci was fired, and in an ironic twist it was Kelly who fired Scaramucci who had insisted he reported to Trump. Wrong.

The most important role in the White House is the Chief of Staff, getting rid of Preibus is infinitely more important than the irrelevant Scaramucci. Kelly will bring much needed discipline.

What the fuck are you on about? Obama’s first communications director left after 3 months. You truly are clueless.