US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

Could one of you give an example of where a conversation (verbatim) between a US president and a foreign leader was leaked to the press?

It’s a win/win for Turnbull, the creep, but it’s not much fun for these poor people locked up in Manus. It’s fucking disgusting what Australia is doing to them.

2 Likes

Who are you talking to mate?

Turnball’s excuse for it is disgusting.

Trumps’ conversations with the Mexican president and Turnball were leaked (verbatim) to the media. Just asking if there is precedent? Not leaking hints, actual transcripts.

Were any of Nixon’s, given he recorded everything?
This White House leaks like a sieve and will continue to, Kelly or no Gen Kelly.

Every president since Eisenhower in 1940 recorded everything.

Nothing was leaked from the Nixon White House. Tapes were released to the House Judicial Committee under subpoena, and obviously over Nixon’s objections.

mkay.
What’s the point you’re trying to make?

Leaking transcripts of President’s conversations with foreign leaders is unprecedented.

It looks to me like the white house and the administration in general is a complete circus, full of people there to enhance their careers or profile, with no sense in any way of serving the greater good, or for that matter at the pleasure of the President. They’re just free loading him and see his behaviour as licence to do whatever the fuck they want, thus the continual leaks, the complete indiscipline. You’re just going to have to endure this until some adults walk into the building.

Meanwhile, the republicans just seem to be in open warfare with each other and the Democrats are a complete and utter failure. The whole situation is just so SAD.

You should try living here :disappointed_relieved:

I did, I’d rather not again. Australia is bad enough.

Says a lot about what the leakers think of him. But if he hasn’t hired his own staff it’s no surprise.

It certainly is, doesn’t do anyone any favours. I’d love to see the call between himself & Kenny. I’d say twee wouldn’t cover it.

Leaking is part and parcel of politics and always has been.

If you’re spectacularly useless at your job and an utterly corrupt piece of shit, don’t complain when you get leaked on.

1 Like

Kushner and Ivanka are the leakers.They’ve stitched Preibus us proper.

I’d say Trump and Kelly are the primary leakers.

McMaster has been one of the very few people in Trump’s cabinet who have shown some semblance of sanity (even though he’s a neo-con and all).

agreed it is unprecedented. this circus can only end one way, with his removal. Its just a matter of when…although a terrorist attack with a follow on focus in the ME may give him more time.

Trump needs to go to war with someone fast.