US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

One of Trump’s “very fine people”.

He’s not too keen on Trump’s son-in-law.

https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/897512204148277248

plenty of them into that sort of thing on all sides, cunts

You do realize that I only respond to you of the benefit of other posters, right? You know, the majority of people who can actually reason like @horsebox and see the world in shades of gray, rather than the cold black and white world you inhabit. Debating you is actually pointless, as you are either a very good wum, or hopelessly deluded. My money is on the latter, but on TFK who knows. I know plenty of people like you in real life, and I would 't waste a second of my time on them.

The fact you would characterize all those who showed up to protest the removal of Lee’s statue as KKK Nazi’s says it all, and there’s not much reason to continue really as you have already exposed yourself as a dullard. It’s the equivalent of me saying all those who turned up to oppose the protest were radical Marxist Antifa members, armed with baseball bats. There were many hundreds there, KKK, neo-Nazis, a variety of white supremacist groups, and people who just opposed the idea of removing General Lee’s statue, the latter the people Trump was talking about as “fine people” (and they are, as the great majority of southerners are).

If you had spent some time in the southern states you would understand. Are there racists and KKK members, yes, and they are despised by all “normal” people of all races. However, southerners are also proud people, and it has nothing to do with racism. Fly to Orlando, head north and go to a few college football games, mingle with the fans afterwards, and you will start to get a flavor of the south. You’d also find the great majority would say leave history as history, the civil war was a long time ago and let’s not be myopic about it’s origins or why it was fought. The myth that the union went to war to end slavery is just that, a myth, the union went to war to preserve the union. Southerners know this and know the meme that the union went to war to free slaves is a load of bullshit, most of the union politicians were slave owners themsleves ffs as Trump correctly pointed out.

You do realize it is possible for politicians to be wrong, and correct the wrong (or not in the case of Obama). Trump should have denounced all marches by the KKK and white supremacists, and when the event was permitted, should have ensured adequate security was in place to prevent violence. The same way Berkeley and other campuses should have provided security when conservatives gather against attacks by Antifa. But you don’t agree with that, as in your warped little head violence by extremist right groups is not to be tolerated but violence for the extreme left is just fine.

It’s the same weird view of the world that couldn’t denounce the murdering terrorists in London, but instead hoped that some of your hated conservative targets had been killed. The same weird mind that resorts to calling people pedophiles when they oppose your weirdness. You’re simply a weirdo mate, get some help.

Ah to be a black person in America.

1 Like

Who are the “very fine people” who showed up to a KKK Nazi rally with flaming torches, chants of “Jews will not replace us”, “blood and soil” etc.?

What sort of “very fine people” join up with and stick around at such a rally?

You haven’t answered the question.

Ah to be a black person in America…part 2.

Some more of Trump and @anon7035031’s “very fine people”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CaRLSbEQjU

You truly are a clown.
The march you are referring to was planned in secret and held on Friday night, with a few hundred far right nutters and KKK participating. The Saturday event, which had been permitted and planned openly for weeks, was attended by a much larger, more diverse crowd, many of whom were white nationalists, but also many who are Trump supporters (all of whom in your weird mind are Nazis).
Please try and get your facts right.

Who are the “very fine people”, all of whom were aware of the flaming torches, anti-Jewish chants, and KKK Nazi association with the “protest” (a euphemism).

Oh yeah, nobody.

And the fact that you think they are “very fine people” outs you as an out and out brainless, racist piece of shit.

There are literally no depths you won’t sink to to defend the indefensible.

You’re a tremendously interesting (lack of) thought experiment, but a very scary one.

Some tremendous REAL news analysis from Anderson Cooper and Rachel Maddow over the last couple of hours as the USA is humiliated in front of the rest of the world for the 1,364,947th time since January 20th.

calm down

Again, as is the standard answer when you lash out when beaten in an INTERNET argument, go fuck yourself wankstain.

The permitted event on Saturday, planned weeks in advance, was in opposition to the removal of the Lee statue and was called “Unite the Right”. Many people would have planned attendance well in advance, and wouldn’t be even aware of the prior night’s activities nor support them. The Right of course to you means Nazis, in your frozen one track mind. The Saturday event would have had many fine normal southern people, but was taken over by the nutters, most of whom would attended the Friday night March. Who actually started the violence, I’m sure as you were there you can tell us.

No “fine people” attended the Friday torch lit March, those were all racist haters. I think most posters with a brain can see the difference.

You’re a tremendously uninteresting… etc.

mKay, so this thread has gone even more insane than before.
There’s no question that these right wing fuckwits have been emboldened by the Trump presidency, they’ve said as much themselves. Trump is never going to absolutely condemn them, as he needs them, they’re part of his “base”. It’s hardly surprising that there would be counter demonstrations, especially given the sacrifice so many Americans made in fighting a war specifically against Nazism. I’m sure there are plenty of those young men with their undercuts wielding Swastika flags who had grandfathers and great grandfathers who fought in Europe and saw the horror of Nazism. The thing that surprises me is how these snowflakes and soft lads on the left have the gumption to physically battle them at all.
It’s not terrorism of course, it’s their lawful right to protest and spread vile hatred. It’s not terrorism when one of them mows down numbers of people with his car and kills an innocent girl. He’s just expressing his opinion.

If he was Muslim, or even black, would it still not be terrorism?

A small number of people these nutters might be, but alongside the militia’s in their body armour, wielding M16’s in Charlottsville (is there a more pathetic sight than a man in his fifties playing soldiers?) these nutters are going to become more and more vocal. It amazes me there haven’t been a number of serious shooting massacres at these things so far. Matter of time really.

Every country is racist to an extent. I live in Australia, a remarkably racist country that is at the same time, much like the US, a remarkably successful multi cultural society. Ireland is racist to an extent, but mostly extremely welcoming and tolerant.
Except neither of us have the gun culture the US does.

2 Likes

Of course they feel emboldened, simply because a white man Republican won.
The counter demonstrators, were they alive back in the 20th century, would have been far more likely to be in Russia in 1917 rather than fighting Nazis in WWII, and we know how well the Russian revolution turned out.
Don’t be fooled, Antifa are not snowflakes nor soft, they are violent thugs like those they battled.
Of course it’s terrorism, domestic terrorism.
When discussing extremism, you have to take populations into account. Ireland has 5 million, Australia 24 million, and the US 323 million.
Ireland is welcoming to it’s own, I’m sure you feel welcome there as do I. Not very welcoming to travelers though cc @carryharry.

We tore down Nelsons Pillar.

1 Like

A white Republican man as President isn’t a novelty though? Why didn’t they feel so emboldened under The Bushes or Reagan?

1 Like

Trump is NOT a REPUBLICAN. Never was. Casually is in appearance now for personal gain.

Travellers are Irish. Bad apples etc. Have to admire them sticking around though.

They wouldn’t be the class of lickspittle required to get into America I suppose or else they would be over there making gains for themselves.

He was the Republican Party’s nomination for the presidency.