US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

Rat flees.

Or, Flake crumbles away from Snowflake.

Jeff Flake voted with Trump’s position 91.7% of the time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/clinton-campaign-dnc-paid-for-research-that-led-to-russia-dossier/2017/10/24/226fabf0-b8e4-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.c3b5c64dfebb#comments

So who was it again that colluded with Russian officials to try and influence the 2016 election?

Ooofft

Manafort indicted - sources say his reaction on being told to surrender was “flip!”

1 Like

More fake outrage from people who know nothing of US history. The North also had slaves but wanted to control the southern states and bring them more into the union and tax them more. Back then the states had more power and wanted to retain some independence. True the south were more dependent on slavery due to the cotton industry, but to claim it was a moral question for the north is derisorary.

1 Like

How the Wall Street Journal is prostituting itself at the altar of Trump:

You now appear to be disputing that slavery was the cause of the US Civil War. :grin:

Where can one subscribe to your alt-reality history newsletter?

… and there we have it, long before she had secured the nomination HRC had taken over the DNC’s finances, and all decision making on personnel including communications director. Poor old Bernie never had a chance against the corrupt cunt.

You truly are a dullard. Nobody with knowledge of US history would argue that the US civil war was not about slavery, but those who say it was a moral issue are simply wrong and reinventing history. It was economic and political issues surrounding slavery and the economies of southern states that led to the civil war.

To say it was a moral issue regarding human rights is laughable, given the same US government conducted a genocidal war against native Americans up until 1924.

1 Like

It’s amazing how you’ve backed yourself into such a corner in your defence of Trump and his clowns that you now feel obliged to defend anything they do or say, which is very funny.

And I find it odd that your reflex reaction to do with anything to do with the US Civil War or slavery is always to run to the Southern, revisionist view of history, and equivocate or mitigate the Confederacy. Very odd indeed. It’s a very white, Republican view of history.

What Kelly, and yourself, miss is that the US Civil War happened despite 80 years of appeasement on slavery. You get two things right - that the Union side had a severe lack of moral clarity on the issue at best, and that the history of the USA in general is a shameful one which is built on genocide and oppression.

So why, given that knowledge, do you always defer to the white, Republican view of history and defend it? You did it over the removal of the Confederate statues and you’re doing it again now, by defending Mr. Kelly.

Equivocating between the causes the North and the South were fighting for is like comparing Chamberlain to Hitler. Will you be telling us next that World War II was down to a failure to compromise with Hitler? I do hate to bring Hitler into any point, but the comparison is very pertinent - both the Confederacy and the Nazis represented extreme forms of evil.

Mr. Kelly hasn’t a clue about history, and military history in particular… Which is rather unfortunate given that he was a General in the US Army. By defending him you’re showing yourself up to have no understanding of it.

1 Like

The history of the human race is shameful, built on genocide and oppression. Nothing unique about the US, unless you want to ignore 20th century Europe, the USSR and China where many multiples were killed compared to the US. As always your hatred for the US clouds your judgement.

I’m not defending what Kelly said, I’m merely pointing out that revisionists who know nothing of history try and paint the US civil war as a moral war regarding slavery which is was not. Give me a break with comparing the Confederacy to the Nazis, what a load of tosh. It was the Union armies that committed genocide against the native Americans, so if there is any comparison to the evil of the Nazis start there.

2 Likes

As mic drops go on your last day, that’s not bad I guess, even if it was only 11 minutes.

The President calling for the death penalty for someone who hasn’t been tried yet seems bizarre

But he’s a hard man,he doesn’t care about due process.Trial?pffft they’re for white people who deserve to get off.

He’s done it before for for black kids who turned out to be innocent. He’s never apologised.

He told Larry King on CNN: “Hate is what we need.”

The crime in question was assault and rape. What’s Trump’s stance on sexual assault these days? :grin:

Genocide and oppression, mainly by white people.

Really? Why then were you so keen to object to those tweets that I posted?

There was very little difference in their ideas.

Comparing an entity which believed that owning black slaves was the birthright of white people, ie. that they were the master race and their slaves were sub-human, and went to war to defend this idea, seems pretty comparable to me to a regime that believed that Jews and other non-Aryan peoples were subhuman and went to war to defend this idea.

The US Army, mate.

How interesting that you compare the US to the Nazis (noted for future reference), yet whitewash (pun intended) the Confederates in this regard.

2 Likes

Much and all as I find the to and fro between yourself and, well everyone, tedious, I will give that particular post a well deserved Ooooft.