US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

The self styled “left wing libertarian”. :grinning:

You couldn’t make it up.

This is the same chap who supports the European far right.

His mood swings must be pretty violent at the moment.

Apparently Christine Blasey Ford is now willing to testify next week, but only under her conditions. Attorneys for Christine Blasey Ford have outlined their demands for any such hearing.

1. Kavanaugh gets to testify first, even though he has no idea of the specifics of what he is being accused of.

2. Blasey Ford then gets to testify, outlining her allegations.

3. Kavanaugh gets no opportunity to defend himself against said accusations.

Sounds fair right?

Yet he had a letter from 65 women ready to go when the allegation came out.

Amazing that.

Can you tell me the following:

i) Why are the Republicans still unwilling to allow an FBI investigation? An investigation would allow a much more comprehensive list of witnesses to appear, thereby increasing the chances of arriving at the truth. There was an FBI investigation into Anita Hill’s allegations. Grassley and Hatch agreed to it then.

Why the difference now?

Why the refusal to allow something that should be done as a matter of course?

ii) Why are the Republicans insist on their way or the highway as regards time? There is no time limit on appointing supreme court nominees - the Republicans were happy to block Merrick Garland’s nomination, which involved a year of blocking, so why artificially create a time limit here?

Does this smack of a party that want to find out the truth?

Or of a party that are intent on railroading through this nomination as quickly as possible, regardless of whether the nominee has committed sexual assault?

I’ll let you work that out.

The following are very reasonable requests. But Republicans are not reasonable people, especially when dealing with victims of sexual assault.

iii) Why are Republican sentaors trying to weasel out of asking the questions themselves by hiring outside counsel to ask them?

Own your misogynism, like.

iv) Can you explain this later deleted tweet from last night by Mike Davis, who is Chuck Grassley’s chief counsel?

Do you agree that it does not display a desire to consider Blasey Ford’s allegations fairly, and instead displays only a determination to railroad through the nomintion at all costs?

ie. That Mr Davis, and presumbly by extension Mr. Grassley, don’t care whether Kavanaugh committed sexual assault?

v)

Is Kavanaugh behind Ed Whelan’s smear job on an innocent man, Mr. Garrett, who is a school teacher?

And why on earth would he discuss a defence in which he would say that there was indeed an incident, but that somebody else was responsible for it?

Why would would he deny being at the party where the alleged incident occurred when he claims doesn’t even know when and where that party was?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gop-vows-to-move-ahead-with-kavanaugh-vote-if-his-accuser-doesnt-testify-monday/2018/09/20/a7132ee8-bcf5-11e8-8792-78719177250f_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8392d759785f

Kavanaugh and his allies have been privately discussing a defense that would not question whether an incident involving Ford happened, but instead would raise doubts that the attacker was Kavanaugh, according to a person familiar with the discussions.

@Sidney

Any chance you could do something about that profile picture?

It enrages me every time I see it.

1 Like

I want to come back to this post.

Why are you downplaying the allegation?

Why are you stating that underage victims of sexual assault should behave in a certain way, and if they don’t behave in the way you expect of them, that they shouldn’t be believed?

Especially when you are so willing to believe that another woman who testified under oath that she was not raped and that the sexual relations she had with her accusee were consensual, was in fact raped?

What experience have you of being the victim of attempted rape as a minor to be an authority on how such victims should react and behave? None, I would hope, but you write as if you are an authority, when you are so clearly not.

All of your post here smacks of somebody who has absolutely no interest in the truth and every interest in downplaying the sexual assault of a 15 year old girl, purely for the gain of your beloved Republican party.

He could change it to Fiona Looney I suppose

1 Like

I’d make it bigger if I could, mate.

Roy deserves a bigger picture.

But at least he always sees the bigger picture when he writes.

**[quote=“labane1917, post:4451, topic:10941, full:true”] 150 million people worldwide have indicated they desire to emigrate to the US. You can stay at home, we have enough communists.
[/quote]
So if I Google this il see there are 150million green card applications pending?

Further to Mike Davis’s deleted tweets.

This is the Republican senate leader.

It is now official Republican party policy that Christine Blasey Ford’s evidence will be dismissed out of hand by them, whatever it contains.

Last year Roy Moore, this year Brett Kavanagh. Attempted rapists, paedophiles, they don’t care.

The Republican party has no interest in the truth, only in suppressing it, and they are utterly shameless about it. The most dangerous political entity in the westerm world.

@sidney still seething that the Rugby lads in Belfast weren’t convicted. The Justice system needs to be reformed as follows to make sure this travesty cannot be repeated.

When an accusation is made the person accused is assumed to be guilty.

The accused goes to trial and get one shot to defend themselves against a vague allegation with no details on timeframe or where the alleged crime was committed.

The accuser then gets to testify in detail outlining their allegations.

The accused gets no opportunity to respond.

@sidney outing himself as a Stalinist.

Why hasn’t Blasey Ford reported this alleged crime to law enforcement? There is no statue of limitation in Maryland.

As this progresses, Blasey Ford is starting to lose credibility. She is alleging a serious assault but not serious enough to report to the police? She is demanding that Kavanaugh get no opportunity to respond to her specific allegations. She is now 100% aligned with the goals of the Democratic Party which is to do everything possible to stop Kavanaigh’s appointment.

But it’s not political right.

Lolzers.

The woman hater @anon7035031’s “argument” is collapsing about him in ruins and he’s SEETHING.

Not one single question answered by him.

The US President’s understanding of sexual assault and the effect it has on its victims is on the same level as that of a drunken, bigoted 62 year old man sitting alone in a pub, falling off his chair and shouting like a madman at anybody unlucky enough to be in the vicinity.

About the same understanding as @anon7035031 has, in other words.

At least I have an argument.

You libelled Paddy Jackson by calling him a rapist rather than being accused of rape.

You are now libelling Judge Kavanaugh by consistently referring to him as an attempted rapist rather than alleged attempted rapist

In other words you are a scumbag and a coward who uses TFK to make libelous statements that you wouldnt get away with in public.

You should be more careful or @Rocko will have to post another embarrassing apology.

1 Like

Another meltdown, another self-conscious projection of your insanity and another post of bigoted, hate-filled nonsense in which you don’t answer a single question.

You forgot to shout “communist” though.

I feel a liitle cheated by that omission.

I’m not going to waste my time reading or responding to conspiracy theories you’ve been up all night researching. The only questions worth answering are:

Do you believe in due process and the presumption of innocence?
Why has Blasey Ford never reported this alleged assault to law enforcement? Even now when there is no statue of limitations in Maryland.
Why did Feinstein not contact law enforcement or the FBI when she was informed of a serious allegation against Kavanaugh?
Why is Blasey Ford demanding that Kavanaugh testifies first, even though he is the one being accused? Shouldn’t someone being accused hear what they are being accused of?

The most interesting thing about all of this is the insistence the FBI investigate as if they are some sort of paragons of virtue by those on the Democratic side. The same FBI that actively opposed civil rights, spied on and tried to/blackmailed their own citizens, and got up to all sorts of other fucked up shenanigans in the past both home and abroad. When did they become the good guys? Trump appears to have turned the democrats in to the deep states biggest cheerleaders while at the same time has some of the loons in the republican party doing a complete 180 on their foreign policy views. Its fascinating to watch.

1 Like

You are a conspiracy theorist and have a proven record of posting utterly batshit ones on this forum.

Therefore it is axiomatic that you believe that the truth and entirely reasonable questions amount to “conspiracy theories”.

Unlike you, I rely on reputable sources for my information and wht I write is firmly grounded in reality.

The rest of your post is so much more woman hating nonsense to add to the massive dungheap of it you’ve smeared all over this thread.

Christine Blasey Ford is absolutely correct to negotiate as hard as she can to get acceptable conditions in which to testify.

That acceptable conditions which respect her dignity would be offered as a matter of course to her is the minimum you’d expect in a normal. civilised society but the Republicans have already proved beyond any doubt whatsoever they are only interested in a kangaroo court in which they outcome is already decided. Hell, they’re openly admitting it.

Again, you prove me entirely correct in my assertion that you have zero knowledge, zero understanding and zero empathy for victims of sexual assault.

Sexual assault and rape is under reported precisely because of Dickensian attitudes like yours, which belong two centuries ago.

Arguing with a transparent fool like you is pointless.

You still haven’t answered a single question on this thread, by the way.

And being asked to investigate an allegation with absolutely no details that would allow an investigation. The reason Blasey Ford hasn’t reported this alleged incident to law enforcement is that there isn’t a law enforcement agency in the US or anywhere that would take the allegation seriously.

Let’s try a thought experiment. @sidney walks into the guards in Galway and claims a woman tried to assault him 20 years ago when he was 15. He doesn’t remember when it it happened, where it happened, only the name of the woman who tried to assault him.

How do you think the guards would respond?