US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

Do you believe in due process and the presumption of innocence?

The rest of your post is just the babbling of someone who should be committed.

You haven’t provided any argument there as to why the FBI should not inestigate the matter.

Why should the FBI not investigate it?

Why are the Republicans ding everything in their power to stop an investigation?

People who are telling the truth have no fear of the FBI.

That’s why Blasey Ford wants the matter investigated and why Kavanaugh and the Republicans are scared shitless of doing so.

Posts like yours above offer precisely zero to this debate - they’re Gemma O’Doherty-esque conspiracy fodder.

Yes, absolutely. The point is that you don’t. You believe in kangaroo courts. And you’ve openly admited that here.

You have a pathological addiction to projection.

We’ve already had a little thought experiment here.

You accuse me regularly of sexual assault on no basis other than your insanity.

And you expect to be taken seriously.

You aren’t.

You have consistently referred to Kavanaugh as an attempted rapist. Is that your idea of presumption of innocence?

You’re quite the simpleton. Not even a good wum.

Where’s your presumption of innocence for Bill Clinton?

Despite his accuser testifying under oath that the sexual relations she had with him were entirely consensual?

I’m the only person here proposing that Kavanaugh gets a fair hearing. You openly stated that you want his accuser to be press ganged into a situation where the Republicans can humiliate her.

That’s only what you’d expect from a woman hating psychopath like you.

Kavanaugh has already perjured himself, by the way. Not one mention of it from you or any Republican.

I made an appalling and inexcusable mistake of judgment in posting the tweet thread in a way that identified Kavanaugh’s Georgetown Prep classmate. I take full responsibility for that mistake, and I deeply apologize for it. I realize that does not undo the mistake.
Ed does a u-turn

Yeah, but who got “Ed” to accuse an entirely innocent man?

Was it Kavanaugh?

You’ve lost the plot mate.

Blasey Ford deserves the opportunity to come before the Senate and outline her allegations against Kavanaugh. Allegations she is not willing to report to law enforcement. Kavanaugh deserves the opportunity to defend himself against these allegations. It’s really as simple has that, let’s hold the hearings.

Bill Clinton should have been run out of office for his sexual conquest of a young impressionable employee and lying about it under oath. He wasn’t ran out of office because all Democrats voted to protect him, including Feinstein.

Another baseless accusation from you.
You really are shameless.

They can investigate all the want. Where did I say they shouldn’t? Can you read or are you lacking in comprehension skills?

Yeah the FBI are great always have been always will be! Again what has that got to do with my post?

Wheres the conspiracy fodder? And wheres the debate? Its just you and labane trying to point score off each other and boring the rest of us away from the thread. Which is a pity because as I said whats going on in American politics at the moment is fascinating.

Right wing shill and friend of Kavanaugh Ed Whelan put an entirely innocent man at the centre of sexual assault allegations.

But you’ve no comment to make on that, from which we can strongly infer you agree with such tactics.

I posted this earlier from the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gop-vows-to-move-ahead-with-kavanaugh-vote-if-his-accuser-doesnt-testify-monday/2018/09/20/a7132ee8-bcf5-11e8-8792-78719177250f_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8392d759785f

Kavanaugh and his allies have been privately discussing a defense that would not question whether an incident involving Ford happened, but instead would raise doubts that the attacker was Kavanaugh, according to a person familiar with the discussions.

Now, why are Kavanaugh and his allies discussing a defence that would put attempt to put an entirely innocent man at the centre of the alleged event?

Because that strongly appears to be an admission that something happened and they know something happened. Something that is really bad.

And how would they know simthing happened unless they’d discussed privately amongst themselves about how to limit the damage from something they know happened?

And, how is it shameless to ask the question that it was Kavanaugh who was behind the attempted smear, given what we know?

It’s the most obvious and pertinent question there is. Anybody familiar with the story who is not asking it is a simpleton.

And to think otherwise betrays a naivety and stupidity that is utterly spectacular.

Shameless, one could say.

Why should the FBI not investigate the case, mate?

Answer the question.

We know that, like Mitch McConnell, you want a kangaroo court - as one would expect from a woman hater - you’ve admitted this several times, stop repeating yourself.

Do you think the FBI should investigate?

Yes or no?

Yes, I think the FBI should investigate.
They should interview Judge and any other witnesses that Ford claims were there.
What else is there to investigate, given that Blasey Ford doesn’t remember where it happened or when it happened?

Amazing, it took three days to get you to admit that Blasey Ford is correct on this and there should be an FBI investigation.

Now, why are the Republicans so dead set against an FBI investigation?

Why is Mark Judge not being subpoenaed?

Who has more to hide here?

The questions about Ed Whelan’s false accusation of the entirely innocent Mr. Garrett are intensifying.

Smear campaigns and conspiracy theories don’t work when they’re so obviously bogus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gop-vows-to-move-ahead-with-kavanaugh-vote-if-his-accuser-doesnt-testify-monday/2018/09/20/a7132ee8-bcf5-11e8-8792-78719177250f_story.html?utm_term=.872c92c1c0cd

Whelan has been involved in helping to advise Kavanaugh’s confirmation effort and is close friends with both Kavanaugh and Leonard Leo, the head of the Federalist Society who has been helping to spearhead the nomination. Kavanaugh and Whelan also worked together in the Bush administration.

Earlier this week, Kavanaugh told Sen. Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah), one of his most fervent supporters, that Ford has the wrong perpetrator in mind and that he has not attended a party like the one Ford described in an account she gave The Post this week of the alleged assault.

I think every reasonable person accepts that something happened to Blasey Ford in 1982. The details of what happened are in question, for many reasons, not the least of which is that she has very vague memories of the event.

I suspect this is a field you know nothing about, in fact I know from your posts it is a field you know nothing about. Memory is extremely unreliable at the best of times, people are notorious for example in giving inaccurate testimony about something that just happened, let alone 36 years ago. In terms of traumatic events, there are generally two categories, either the victim represses everything and remembers nothing, or the memories are embedded in their mind. or etched in their minds as Blasey Ford’s sister in law, a clinical psychologist, said yesterday. Blasey Ford is an unusual case in that she remembers vividly who attacked her but remembers nothing else, where it was, when it was, how she got there, how she got home,etc. All of that is before even considering false memories, which I’ll assume you know nothing about either.

From the perspective of the accused, these are kind of important details. Kavanaugh has categorically denied he ever attacked Blasey Ford in this manner or anyone for that matter. From his perspective, how does he defend himself? He can’t provide an alibi as the accused is not providing a time frame. In fact he can’t do anything that a normal defendant can do, as there is zero evidence other than an allegation.

In that context of course he has the right to suggest other explanations. She was attacked but not by him and made a genuine mistake, or it’s a false memory and never happened or at least never happened the way she alleges (it you don’t believe that happens read a few books on the subject), etc.

What you are basically saying is he has no right to defend himself, which gets back to the original point that you have decided he is guilty. Just as you decided Paddy Jackson was guilty.

If investigating historical allegations of attempted rape/ sexual assault is part of their remit then yeah sure. All allegations should be investigated. I’d have thought an allegation like this would be dealt with by local law enforcement though. I’m not an expert on all things American like yourself so by all means correct me if I’m wrong.

Could you answer me this now please which was the crux of my post. Do you think as an institution the FBI are beyond reproach? Do you not think it interesting that democrats are now cheerleading the FBI who have actively acted against civil rights/ gay rights etc in the past?

As I have said from the beginning of this dialog, you are either naive to an extreme or so blinded by ideology that you cannot think rationally.

Everything you have posted on this matter is from left wing sources or media sources that are virulently anti Trump. You buy everything they claim hook line and sinker with zero question. The Washington Post has had to back down and apologize on more than one occasion for unsourced material or in some cases shit that reporters just made up. Yet you believe everything they print.

You still avoid the central issue. The ranking member of the Democrats on the Judicial committee received a letter in July alleging a serious assault committed by Kavanaugh, who was about to come before the Senate for hearings. Why didn’t she take this allegation seriously at the time? Are we to conclude Democrats don’t care about victims of sexual assault? She had numerous avenues open to her. The most obvious one was to share it with the FBI, who apparently are to be trusted to do impartial investigations. The second most obvious one would be to question Kavanaugh about it when she interviewed him for hours in private. Both could have been done without disclosing the alleged victim’s identity.

Why did Democratic leadership not take an allegation of sexual assault seriously? But as soon as it became politically expedient to do so, they leaked her name immediately.

You still think this isn’t political? You’re either a very bad wum or a complete idiot.