US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

The stock market and economy depend hugely on the US China trade spat, if it escalates further then we could see a prolonged bear market. Trump won’t want that though, so expect some sort of agreement in the next few months. The Fed are now caught in their own trap, raising rates into a slowing economy which may precipitate a recession. Not the first time they have done it, keeping interest rates at or near zero which creates asset bubbles and then raising them too late in the cycle.

Regarding Trump, it will be interesting to see if the Dems go aggressively after him when they take control of the house in January. Like any good card player, Trump is holding a significant ace which is the internal FBI/DOJ documents that purportedly show the FISA warrants to spy on his campaign were based sorely on the discredited Steele dossier financed by the DNC. If the Dems go after Trump for business dealings before he entered the presidential race in 2016, then I would expect all out political war with a lot of casualties. When it comes to shady business dealings there are few politicians of either party that are clean.

2 Likes

I think you’re giving the man himself too much credit here. Whoever benefits from him being in place might be holding something but assuming that he himself has the faintest fucking clue about what is going on is a stretch.

2 Likes

People who underestimate Trump are consistently proven wrong, his Republican opponents in the primaries and the DNC two prime examples. Compared to his political opponents he is a heavyweight. Of course he knows what’s going on with the investigation, the DOJ report to him ffs.

Oh he might hear them saying stuff to him but I don’t think he understands it at all.
I’m not going to argue about it, it’s a waste of time. I just think the man is a dolt and has no real comprehension of what is happening.

2 Likes

What the fuck is the point posting on an internet forum if you’re not going to argue about it?

1 Like

You miss @sidney don’t you

4 Likes

Stick to the darts pal.

Kelly gone now. :grinning:

It’s easy to lose track. He must be on his s3cond or third lap of appointees for some of his positions. It’s truly bonkers.

It said on the news last night that this was the 28th resignation /firing since he came to power

He’s trying to change the public job for life culture. 28 resignations is a great start. It’s a massive swamp

I heard a fairly eye opening story about hrc today from an impeccable source. She is in no place to be throwing any stones.

1 Like

Don’t be shy spill the beans… I doubt she looks in here!

1 Like

Is there a cigar involved?

Former Trump attorney Michael Cohen sentenced to three years.

pm please

another mick in the whitehouse, President Trump recognises the skillset of the emigrant

1 Like

He is an old school businessman who rewards talent and hard work . No need for quotas .

The micks run the states.

1 Like

A good Ulster Irish name from around county Derry @glenshane should be proud .