US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

The creation of the state of Israel was the second greatest anti-Semitic act in history.

The allies took one look at all the poor Jewish refugees and displaced after WWII and said to themselves and each other - ‘fuck that are all these lads coming over here. What can we do with them? Hang about…, lets plant them in the holy land and leave them at it. Religion can take care of the rest.’

You obviously can’t answer a question. Goodbye, I’ve wasted enough time on you for one day.

Zzzzz. Goodbye, so, you racist, genocidal nutter.

Happy Stormfronting to you.

… and then express outrage when they actually have the cheek to defend themselves from further slaughter.

So Trump now believes it was a mistake to denounce the KKK and the Nazis at Charlottesville.

And guess who agreed with him? The forum’s jackboot lover-in-chief, @anon7035031.

Tut tut.

Porter tried to convince the President he needed to clarify his remarks. But Trump appeared to resist, according to the book, repeatedly saying: “I don’t know about this. … This doesn’t feel right to me.”

Eventually, Trump agreed, and two days later in a televised speech he denounced racism, the “KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups.” Woodward describes how White House aides were relieved, and chief of staff John Kelly encouraged staff to tell the President what a good job he did.

Trump exploded at the coverage, Woodward reports. “That was the biggest fucking mistake I’ve made,” the President told Porter. “You never make those concessions. You never apologize. I didn’t do anything wrong in the first place. Why look weak?”

Trump continued venting to Porter, Woodward writes. “I can’t believe I got forced to do that,” he said. “That’s the worst speech I’ve ever given. I’m never going to do anything like that again.”

This fella needs to get off social media for a while. He sounds like he could spontaneously combust at any moment.

So open Treason in America, the country truly is a basket case. Heads will roll for this.

Crazytown

Anything new this week?

Sid and Labanes back and forth should be even more mind numbingly boring tonight

I wish we had a readable US politics thread. Fascinating time.

2 Likes

No. Trump is winning bigly. He’s always winning bigly. He’s a stable genius playing 4D chess and this is the greatest presidency of all time.

At least that’s what I gathered when I glanced at Fox News for a couple of minutes last night.

Who do you think wrote the article? Some folks are even speculating Pence because of the word “lodestar”. Pence denies this and I can’t really imagine him bothering to write anything, never mind for the NYT. I would suspect one of Pence’s staff and that the NYT are stretching the meaning of “top official” to the limit.

1 Like

Pompeo is who they are saying I’m hearing

I don’t know but it’s a barely covered stunt as far as I’m concerned. It’s a hard core republican, look at the language

‘Although he was elected as a Republican, the president shows little affinity for ideals long espoused by conservatives: free minds, free markets and free people. At best, he has invoked these ideals in scripted settings. At worst, he has attacked them outright.’

I always thought, and said on here, the GOP would ride the trump tiger as long as they thought it politically possible. they are still doing that but now seem to be establishing a conscientious objector persona, who while remaining anonymous doesn’t actually have to do anything, but can be called on when the time comes to ‘prove’ there were decent republicans who hated trump, and actually thwarted him (where’s the evidence for this) it’s an orchestrated stunt by republican leadership.

Remember trump is not a republican, he is a populist only, essentially he succeeded by becoming the third option in American politics many were crying out for.

I wonder could we set up something on PMs like the limerick lads did

2 Likes

Who wrote it is irrelevant. We already know that Trump’s own staff think he’s a total idiot. Anybody with even the most tenuous hold on reality accepts this. But the notion of an “internal resistance” is a fantasy. They’re all complicit. If any of them had any guts they’d resign and go public. Their problem is not with any of the insane, cowardly shit Trump is doing, it’s how he’s doing it and how his public idiocy and persona is damaging the Republican “brand”.

It’s a cowardly attempt at a cowardly arse covering exercise, and, like Richard Hammond laughing heartily at Jeremy Clarkson making a joke about a disabled child then immediately making a disapproving face, whoever wrote this is trapped between two different forms of cowardice - the cowardice of continuing to prop up Trump’s cowardly regime and the cowardice of simultaneously trying to distance themselves from it.

Right. Thanks for that “insight”.

It’s a shame he has failed on the infrastructure plan so far. That is something that should have gotten some level of bipartisan support, you will never attract the full GOP to it or the Democrats. One side would rather use the money for defense and the other to fund ongoing unsustainable federal spending.

Both sides would favour a form of universal healthcare now. On almost everything else they are polarised.