US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

And you picked Midleton to live in?

I don’t live in Midleton.

East Cork chose me mate.

Theyre lucky to have you… their gene pool needs widening.

1 Like

never bred with a local, brought my own one in with me.

May ye build high walls.

2 Likes

Savannah is in the south mate. When anyone, including Americans, refer to the coasts as being the “educated and cultured” parts of the US, they are referring to the North East and West coasts.
It’s a load of bollox though, if you use % population that have 4 year degrees, there isn’t that much variation between regions or states for that matter.

I didn’t say you were from Moyross, I said near Moyross. My point is if you grew up near Moyross you should know what uneducated and uncultured looks like.

I see you’ve downgraded from uneducated and uncultured to insular. I would agree with that by and large, but the same can be said about anywhere. Irish people are incredibly insular, including a lot of the ones that have traveled outside of Ireland. People in general tend to be insular, this site is a good example.

You didn’t answer the question though, what parts of the US have you visited or preferably lived in to reach your conclusion?

San Fran, Boston, Philly, LA, Sacramento, Chicago, Reno, New York, New Jersey, Washington DC.
I’ve lived in two of those places.

I once had a woman in a bar in Philly taking photographs of me because I told her I was a leprechaun and I worked for the treasury department of the Irish Government.

An Asian-American lad got very racist in San Fran when I beat him at pool. He hates the Irish apparently.

I’ve loads of little tidbits like that.

I met some astoundingly intelligent people while I was there. But I would say they were very few and far between.

Most conversations went along the lines of one on here with you.

'Murica… fuck yeeeeeeeeaaah. NAAAAAAAASSCAAAAAAR

Sure all those places, with the exception of Chicago, are West Coast and North East, supposedly the two educated and cultured parts. It’s as well you never got to West Virginia.

But, speaking of West Virginia, it most closely resembles Ireland if one is being honest. About 20% of the population have 4 year degrees, the same as Ireland. Most states are in the 25 - 32% range, including all the so called redneck states that Trump won.

Yes, Asians (in the US at least) are very racist,as are Hispanics, much more so than whites in my experience. It is a gas country though. Myself and a mate had to make a hurried exit out of a bar in Jackson Hole once, the locals took offense at our skills on the pool table, letting them stay in the game and then finishing them off quickly. “You guys need to make up your fucking minds whether you can play this game or not”… :joy:

1 Like

A white man claiming that whites are less racist than “Asians” and Hispanics “in his experience”.

Yeah, because the typical victim of white racism will obviously be a white man, like. :laughing:

You couldn’t make up a better line to illustrate the total ignorance to racism of right-wing white Republican nut jobs if you tried.

1 Like

I meant to bring this to your attention but forgot. If I remember correctly you were fulsome in your praise of the Chicago PD.

Trump has done a great job avoiding war with North Korea in fairness.

If HC was there, their would be war.

1 Like

:smile:

Hillarys nefarious neocon ways are far more dangerous @myboyblue, agreed.

Sure pal, sure. He’ll be here shortly, hold on.

I’ve had to withdraw a like for that edited post.

I don’t recall saying anything specific about the Chicago PD, much less praise them. There are plenty cities that have corrupt cops, Chicago would be high on the list.

If the article is accurate then Rahm Emanuel has a lot to answer for, allowing that go on in his city.

Obamas record in his home city of Chicago was nothing short of shocking.

Eight years as president really made no difference to the south side.

Ocasio-Cortez brilliantly exposes the corrupt sham that is the Trump presidency.

1 Like

I think she more exposed the corrupt sham that is US politics. How it is legal for those lobby groups to essentially buy you I’ll never know