US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

Wow, what an intellect.

It’s Kushner

1 Like

Comey to testify in public before the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Popcorn time.

Kushner apparently encouraged Trump to fire Comey. This is what happens when you take advice from somebody who’s level is hawking shit bungalows to people who can’t afford them or doing infomercials for stain removers on the Shopping Channel.

No stain remover is going to get rid of this.

Kushy time is over.

Elizabeth Warren was appointed chair of the Congressional Oversight Panel in 2008, a panel that oversaw the government bailout program. I am pointing out the hypocrisy of her calling for the break up of big banks now when she didn’t do it in 2008 - 2010 when she was chair of that panel. The bigger issue is that Democrats did nothing to break up the big banks, and the reason for that is they are just as tied to Wall Street as Republicans are. I realize it is impossible for partisans like yourself to recognize that, even when all the evidence supports it. Have a look at how much Wall Street firms contributed to Democratic politicians from 2008 onward, and in particular how much they contributed to HRC in 2016.

“Letting the banks fail”, as in outright failure of the banking system, is not a libertarian position. Letting banks fail that become insolvent through their own risk taking, while using their assets to protect depositors, is a libertarian position. The libertarian position is a level playing field, where government doesn’t favor one corporation over another (bought by lobbyists), subsidize them to allow them dominate (the big banks get enormous and unfair help from the Fed), and allow them grow to the too big to fail stage. Big banks are both a result of big government, and also a cause of big government. In Ron Paul’s article, he refers to some banks needing to fail rather than burdening taxpayers with the bailout costs, and indeed some banks did fail, Lehman Bros and Bear Stearns the most notable.

Unfortunately you see everything in binary. Nobody who supported Clinton here claimed the Democratic party doesn’t have ties to Wall Street.

They generally aren’t as utterly craven to their interests, however, nice try at false equivalence, yet again.

The pressing matter in 2008/09 was that the banking system wouldn’t collapse, because if it did, the result would have been utter catastrophe. That was true in the US and it was true here.

Letting the banks fail post 2009 as per libertarian orthodoxy would have entailed the collapse of the entire financial system.

So yes, it is a libertarian position.

Trump already trying to destroy the special prosecutor investigation. I fully expect him to do a Nixon and fire the special prosecutor and Rosenstein, when Rosenstein refuses to carry out orders.

Oh the ironing… :rollseyes:

1 Like

There is no irony whatsoever.

Trump-defenders conform and are happy to conform entirely to stereotype, they see everything in binary so they themselves don’t deserve to be seen in anything other than binary. One cannot continue to defend Trump and not be seen in binary given his behaviour not just during his presidency but since the beginning of his campaign.

Any person with any critical thought whatsoever has no problem realising this.

Which is a completely different thing to seeing everything in binary.

The only people who see things in binary are partisans like yourself. I’ve voted for far more Democrats at the local and national level than Republicans, so spare me the patronizing and look inward for a change.

Democrats and Republicans in Washington are equally craven to Wall Street, only an ill informed partisan would claim otherwise. Clearly you have no understanding of the 2008/09 financial crisis and it’s aftermath, and as I haven’t the time to educate you, I’ll let the excellent Matt Taibbi do it on my behalf. Wall Street got everything they wanted from 2008-09.

Again, false equivalence. Only a fool would say the Democratic party has stood up to Wall Street but the Republicans are simply in a different league, and Trump is top of that league.

1 Like
1 Like

The lad with the blue tie is what John Delaney will look like in ten years time

5 Likes

He really is a five year old isn’t he? Steak with fuvking ketchup.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/politics/...p-11158088.php

Your fascination with cocks and licking asses is deep-rooted at this stage. A quick search resulted in the following posts, and to be quite frank, you come across as a pretty fucked up deviant:

Could you get a few days off to slip away to Amsterdam and get it out of your system? Please stop tagging me in posts, as I find your language to be very derogatory and offensive.

3 Likes

He’s a yank mate, most of them are the same. Between the crackers with their red sauce and the beaners with their hot sauce, it’s a culinary wasteland. Except for my house.

1 Like

Shameful from Trump today . He is just as big a cunt as the rest of them when you look at the bigger picture .

The powers that be want to make sure barrels of oil are still traded in USD.

What’s right doesn’t come into it.

Trump like Obama ultimately has very little say pal.

They arguments here a really trivial in the bigger picture.

Fact.

It’s all the one at the end of the day.