US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

Good exchange with Risch. Comey says he took “I hope” as a direction from Trump.

“Lordy I hope there are tapes”.

What a fucking quote by Comey.

Comey destroying his own credibility. If he truly felt he was being instructed to drop an investigation, and felt it was obstruction, he was obliged under the law to inform congress. He didn’t, which speaks volumes. In fact in prior testimony before Congress he stated he had never been pressured to drop an investigation.

He knows it wasn’t obstruction. He also knows even if Trump had instructed him to drop the Flynn investigation, that is fully within the executive powers of the president. For this to rise to obstruction, corruption has to be involved, as in Watergate for example.

Apparently Donald Trump junior is live tweeting during the testimoney.

Jeff Sessions must be sweating.

I am surprised that you would think that.

Why?

Gas hearing Rubio tell Comey he should have stood up to Trump.

So nothing to see here basically

Nothing we didn’t know already, so no smoking gun for CNN to jerk off over.

4 Likes

McCain has dementia.

McCain looks lost.

Behind enemy lines?

The most interesting part of Comey’s testimony was when he defined media reporting on the Russia story (primarily by NYT and ran as gospel by Washington Post / CNN / MSNBC) as “nonsense”. Anyone with a functioning brain knew that already, pissed off anonymous Democrats* in Washington leaking made up stories to the press to try and discredit the new administration.

• Like the wonderfully named Reality Winner who is now facing years in prison, a self hating cunt who tweeted she would “stand with Iran” in any potential conflict.

Trump is after giving this long cunt an awful chasing

4 Likes

Trump was right about him, he’s an attention seeking whore. He glories in telling his non stories.

1 Like

He wasnt upto the job.

You need loyalty in any role ffs…not some snake taking notes every 5 mins.

Documented a private conversation with the POTUS and then handed it to the press in a hissy fit after being fired. A nut job.

You’ve really swallowed the kool aid in the last few months.

3 Likes