US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

Trump has cameras documenting this 24/7. He’s going to quit after a year and release the greatest documentary of all time

Please let this be true.

He probably has close up camera footage of him telling the Russians classified information.

I don’t follow this circus that closely because I think America is a shitty country that’s full of loud, ignorant, obnoxious cunts but I heard on the radio this morning that this clown has half his family employed as “key advisors to the White House”. Would these be staff positions paid for by tax payers money or does it all come from his private funds?

cc @anon7035031

I’ve seen the same, but no matter how much interviewing you do, a mistake can still be made, as candidates can be very good at pretence. When you’re dealing with egomaniac sociopaths (which is very common among CEOs and not just presidents) they are only going to listen to a few trusted advisers, and even then will likely go with their own gut. The only two that Trump appears to trust are Ivanka and Kushner, and the story circulating is they both recommended Scaramucci, but quickly changed their mind after the New Yorker magazine interview.

Trump has two family members employed as advisors, his daughter Ivanka and son in law Jared Kushner. There’s nothing unusual or unprecedented about it, arguably Hillary ran the White House during Bill’s first term, while Bill was shagging the staff, JFK appointed his brother as attorney general, etc.

Have you even been to America and was that really your experience of it? It’s like saying Ireland is a shitty country full of falling down drunks.

Have you been to oireland lately

These are pretty explosive allegations.

A former Fox News contributor alleges that Fox concocted, with the full knowledge of Trump, a fake story about Seth Rich, a DNC staffer who was murdered in July 2016.

[quote]Rod Wheeler, the private investigator cited by Fox News for its retracted report claiming former DNC staffer Seth Rich was murdered for leaking emails to WikiLeaks, has now sued the network, claiming they:

1. Fabricated quotes from him to make the false connection;
  2. Sent an article draft to the White House for review;
    and 3) Took orders directly from Trump to establish a connection between the DNC and Rich’s murder “to help lift the cloud of the Russia investigation.”[/quote]

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/01/540783715/lawsuit-alleges-fox-news-and-trump-supporter-created-fake-news-story

Jesus even in Ireland you wouldn’t get away with appointing family members to such high profile positions but if it’s the norm in Murica then so be it. He’s a lucky man he has such talented family members so I guess.

Ireland is full of falling down drunks. Head out to Ballybrit this week if you don’t believe me.

That’d be enough to stop most mortals, but the Donald will not be stopped by mere facts alone

@anon7035031 has been pushing this story for ages so it must be true.

sigh
I posted once on it, and said it was likely a conspiracy theory. We’ll see how true this article @Sidney posted is, as once again it’s based on anonymous sources, and once again he gushes over it as if it were gospel.

The Seth Rich murder is a very odd one. He was a DNC staffer who supported Bernie Sanders on his social media. He worked in communications and had access to all DNC email, so likely saw the campaign to discredit Sanders. He was shot in the back walking home late at night in DC in an apparent robbery, although none of his $2000 in belongings were stolen. Perhaps the Russians shot him.

The allegations made are from an actual lawsuit which has been filed by somebody who was directly involved in the Fox story.

It’s a genuine story.

The claims in the fake Fox story were broadcast by Sean Hannity, who is so close to Trump he has private dinners with him.

That was a conspiracy theory story you were only too eager to advance here, while erroneously accusing others of posting conspiracy theories.

The smell of bullshit from Trump and his supporters gets ever stronger, and it was very, very strong to begin with.

We’re reaching slurry pit level now.

Another lie.

Sekulow is Trump’s lawyer.

Looking forward to seeing the evidence to back up his claim:

This is the interview Wheeler gave to Fox News. He’s now trying to say they set him up and misrepresented him? Give me a break. Watch it and judge for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuRJDKEVxHY

oooft

Wheeler alleges that he never made the following quotes and asked them to be withdrawn from the following article before publication.

“My investigation up to this point shows there was some degree of email exchange between Seth Rich and WikiLeaks.”

“My investigation shows someone within the D.C. government, Democratic National Committee or Clinton team is blocking the murder investigation from going forward. That is unfortunate. Seth Rich’s murder is unsolved as a result of that.”

They were not withdrawn from the article (link below) and were published.

If he made them, Fox should have no trouble finding audio of him saying them.

What appears clear is that Wheeler played along with the story but had qualms of conscience afterwards and has now come clean that it was was all bunkum.

His own reputation is in tatters but hopefully he completely brings down the reputation of Fox, Hannity and Trump, if that were even possible, as the reputations of all are so low that they can hardly be brought down any lower than already are.

So we have the evidence of what he actually said in the Fox interview versus an allegation in his lawsuit. I’ll go with the existing evidence for now, and await any evidence that might be forthcoming.

Don’t you find it interesting that not one of the MSM covering this “bombshell” story have mentioned his freely available interview and what it said?

I’m not sure you’re getting the point here. The lawsuit isn’t about what he said on the television, it’s about what Fox quoted him as saying off camera for the purposes of a print article.

The existing evidence shows that the story Fox ran with is bunkum. Yes? Fox agree, they pulled it, and they haven’t come back to it.

You were only too happy to run with it.

Spicer is on record about having been briefed about the story a month before it ran, so we can surmise his boss was briefed too.

No.

Why would it be of any interest, given Fox withdrew the story because they know it’s bunkum?

You talk about “evidence”, yet now you’re going back to pushing fake news.

What he said on television and what ended up in the print article are pretty similar, so you’re arguing semantics. He clearly suggested a link between Seth Rich and wikileaks and clearly indicated his investigative efforts were being thwarted by the FBI and DC police. Fox haven’t withdrawn the story, the video I posted is still up on their website. You can hear yourself what he said in the video, doesn’t sound like he is being coerced. They have retracted the print article, but seem to have no idea themselves why they retracted it. This what Fox themselves have said on the matter today:

“The retraction of this story is still being investigated internally and we have no evidence that Rod Wheeler (a longtime Fox contributor) was misquoted by Zimmerman”.

You have no problem swallowing every fake news story you read on liberal media. All of which have no sources, and almost all of which turn out to be complete malarkey.