US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

No, it’s pretty obvious he has never been to the US.

Try using it better.

You throw out the I was only messing, I was trying to get a rise line a lot when you seem backed into a corner for saying something stupid. Stop doing that*.

• being stupid

There is no comparison to De Valera, you historically-ignorant fool.

The obvious and pertinent comparison is to the Nazis. Their leader was an important historical figure, you know.

Try putting up a statue of Erwin Rommel anywhere in Germany and see how you get on.

Your most articulate post on this forum in yonks.

This Duke guy is hilarious.

You’re an apologist for them and for racism.

You advocate ignoring racism.

People who advocate ignoring racism tend to be racists.

Horseshit, your ignorance of US history is appalling.
I don’t have time to educate you, get a book and educate yourself.

1 Like

Its the INTERNET kid,

It’s amusing watching you reply to my posts constantly with outrage and shock.

Give it a rest like a good lad.

It’s self-evidently a lot better than yours.

Jeff Sessions, a proven racist, criticised Trump for not condemning the flaming torch-carrying, murdering KKK Nazis.

Yet you think Trump’s response is just fine.

You’re well to the right of Jeff Sessions.

You should stop and think about that for a few moments.

[quote=“Sidney, post:1554, topic:10941, full:true”]People who advocate ignoring racism tend to be racists.
[/quote]

An argument only a child or a wum or a moron could honestly make.

If you had ever spent time in the US you would know how utterly stupid that comment is. There is no other country with such a melting pot of cultures, and such relative absence of racism. There is far more racism in Ireland, and it is freely tolerated on this site, by people who accuse other nations’ inhabitants of racism no less.

1 Like

[quote=“Sidney, post:1557, topic:10941, full:true”]
Yet you think Trump’s response is just fine. [/quote]

Where did I say Trump’s response was just fine? He should have condemned the KKK/white nationalist march earlier, and should also have insisted that proper security be in place to prevent violence. He should also name and shame Antifa for their violence and BLM for their support of killing cops. All hateful rhetoric and violence needs to be condemned, something you can’t see through your blinkered vision.

There is not far more racism in Ireland.

The party of the ruling regime in the US runs on a platform of systematic disenfranchisement of minorities.

I’m no particular fan of his, but we have a gay, half-Indian Taoiseach who isn’t the subject of any mendacious campaign to delegitimise him because of his skin colour or sexuality.

You have a racist, KKK Nazi apologist as president who engaged in exactly such a campaign against the previous president, and gained mass support in that campaign.

And you see no problem whatsoever with his pathetic response to murderous KKK Nazis, which has humiliated the USA in front of the entire world, because you are an apologist for them too.

Oooooft.

Right here.

Take that as an “ooooffft”.

[quote=“Sidney, post:1560, topic:10941, full:true”]
There is not far more racism in Ireland. [/quote]

You must be fucking joking. On a relative basis, the number of people who actually hate travelers in Ireland greatly outnumbers the number who actually hate any race in America.

I’d take your view a lot more seriously if you knew anything about Ireland, about which you’re just as ignorant as you are about the USA.

Top ‘o’ the mornin’ to ya.

He is spot on in what he said today, as any intelligent person would agree.

Conflating racism with intelligence, now. You’re such a charmer.

So, @anon7035031?

Who are the “very fine people” among the KKK Nazis in Charlottesville, with their flaming torches, chanting against Jews, chanting “blood and soil” and ramming a car into peaceful protestors, murdering one of them?

Remember, you said Trump was “spot on”, both before and after you denied saying his response was “just fine”.

So clearly you think there are “very fine people” among these KKK Nazis.

Who are they?

How many members of the travelling community have been killed by anti traveller extremists of late?