US Presidential Election 2016: Sidney's Victory Lap

This really is an Eire takeover of the White House. Speaker Ryan toasting Vice President Pence in the native tongue.

1 Like

Finest thing in the White House since Jackie Kennedy

Michael Moore on Channel 4 News this evening must have read your post.

He likened the election to Tottenham beating Chelsea 2-1, but Chelsea being adjudged to have won.

A lovely analogy - I particularly liked the angle in which both “winners” are controlled by Russians and are known for the anti-semitic rhetoric of their supporters (despite, perversely, the influence wielded over them by hardline pro-Israel Jews) while both those deemed to have lost are the main targets of that same anti-semitic rhetoric from supporters of their opponent.

1 Like

That’s a great meltdown by Moore .

Just for clarification, the “angle” was added by me.

But I thought the choice of teams and result by Moore was inspired.

The only thing that could have made it better was if White Hart Lane was Chelsea’s ground.

I love the contradictions you get with trump and his supporters.

The anti-semitic rhetoric and yet the unquestioning support for Israeli far-right hardliners.

The anti-Wall Street rhetoric and then the boasting about how trump is good for the stock market and the financial sector, and the total blindness to his boast about removing all financial regulation.

The rhetoric about “the 1%”, yet the unquestioning support for tax policies that will benefit the 1% and nobody else.

The claims that “America declined as great power under Obama”, yet thinking that withdrawing from the world will restore it as a “great power”.

The isolationism now from the exact same people who were screaming furiously to go to war in 2003.

The isolationist rhetoric, and the simultaneous rhetoric that “we’re going to eliminate Islamic terrorism from the face of the earth”, something that would require an expansion of foreign interventionism to a level unprecendented for any country at any time in the history of the world.

The pro-“free speech” rhetoric then, post November 9th, the anti-free speech rhetoric.

The constant, cliched nonsense about “snowflakes” and then the sudden conversion to ultra-snowflakeism.

The total embrace of fake news against opponents, and then, post November 9th, the furious claims of “fake news” against any story remotely critical of trump.

The constant claims the “election is going to be rigged”, and then the furious denials of any Russian interference in the campaign post from November 9th onwards.

The constant claims that few people were attending Hillary Clinton’s rallies, and the curious airbrushing of the fact that not much more than a few white people and their dogs turned up to the inauguration today.

trumpism is a bubble and an echo chamber, the greatest bubble and the greatest echo chamber of all-time.

4 Likes

You still don’t get it Sid . HRC was an awful candidate . The Dems lost an utterly winnable election with an awful candidate . Sanders wins , Biden wins etc . The Democratic Commitee gave us Trump.

3 Likes

That’s it in a nutshell. The Dems ran a horrendous campaign with an awful candidate.

1 Like

I get it just fine, mate, but then again I’m not living in a bubble like most Trump supporters.

Flesh that out with at least eight sentences.

Eight sentences isn’t too much to ask.

Still waiting for that “pivot” we were promised by Trump supporters here.

The Trump White House also stripped the official website of all mention of Obama’s key policy agendas, including climate change and LGBT rights along with the civil rights history section.

That last bit should do wonders for his image with blacks, and really leaves egg on the faces of those who consistently said he was a blatantly racist piece of shit, like me.

A new missile defence system doesn’t much sound like a move towards a peaceful foreign policy. The drumbeat for war, more like.

1 Like

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.rte.ie/amp/804575/?client=safari

There you go baby . Plagiarism by me , granted. .

2 Likes

That’s precisely no sort of fleshing out of your claim that “the Democratic Committee gave us Trump”.

It wouldn’t even be any sort of fleshing out of an assertion that Sanders’ chances of getting the Democratic nomination were harmed - and I supported Sanders.

A bigger sized crowd at the women’s march than at President Poodle’s inauguration.

trump is smaller in size than women.

Poodle’s press secretary is shouting, going through tweets and trying to claim that the crowd at Poodle’s inauguration was bigger than at Obama’s :laughing::laughing::laughing:

The dems have messed up so badly it is almost as if they wanted Trump to become president :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Obama will go down as probably the worst ever President of the US.

It is so great to watch the implosion of the left wing throughout the world. :+1:

Project XBox manages to write three sentences. :grin:

Incredible scenes.

He’ll need to have a serious lie down after managing that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2wneBVssPc

Poodle’s supporters on the rampage already:

Lovely scenes. Great to see President Trump and his family enjoying this wonderful time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0bvefNyZYKs

1 Like

Mrs. Poodle looked to be really enjoying herself yesterday.