US Presidential Election 2024 - here comes Kamabla

Heā€™ll have some egg on his face if they donā€™t!

They could and that was my initial instinct. However they will have to come up with a legal justification for it that will stand the test of time. They are also lawyers with egos and they wonā€™t necessarily want to be remembered as the judge who wrote the ridiculous judgment in the Trump case, to be ridiculed in law schools for generations. And they may not necessarily want or will have to be very careful not to craft a decision that could be a precedent for a future rogue Democratic president.

In the current climate I think thatā€™s a naive way of looking at things, theyā€™re partisan political operatives similar to the people Viktor Orban and the PIS in Poland put in place and Iā€™ve little doubt thatā€™s how they will operate.

How many people would be present at and vote at/in a presidential caucus?
I canā€™t find that info.

ā€œWhy donā€™t you go talk about Jewish space lasers? Why donā€™t you fuck off?ā€

The entire intellectual underpinning of Trump and fascism in general in two sentences.

https://twitter.com/TheNewsAgents/status/1765278643150872812

3 Likes

A global campaign to boycott Tesla would be interesting to see if it would sway Elonā€™s decision to back Trump financially. In fairness, most of the people buying his electric cars are probably people who believe in climate change and are centrists or liberals.

1 Like

Interesting. So the people who are doing the most for the environment are Trump supporters. Thatā€™s an angle I didnā€™t see. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
The bit Iā€™m struggling with, is why you would protest by encouraging people not to buy electric cars.

I didnā€™t say either of those things.

Tesla are not the only producers of electric vehicles.

1 Like

Nikki Haley exit speech in 3ish hours. Weā€™re on!

The thread title here didnt exactly play out.

RIP @croppy_boy

1 Like

People should boycott Tesla because Musk is such a dick.

1 Like

Heā€™s definitely not generally likeable, but how many of these creeps are? Zuckerberg, Bezos etcā€¦itā€™s not just envyā€¦they just donā€™t seem to have any charm that would equal their effect in their eras.

Joe rogan and musk want to watch the world burn.

Yeah. Fellas with half their belongings made by Chinese slaves, their clothes stitched by Vietnamese children and their houses heated by Saudi oil should boycott Tesla alright

5 Likes

Itā€™s a lot easier to choose some other brand of electric car than it is to choose alternatives to your other examples.

I agree with your point though, Iā€™d rather not be buying stuff from those places either but thatā€™s the world we live in.

Musk is in a different league of danger to the world than Zuckerberg. Zuckerberg is just a bog standard odious corporate creep with zero self awareness but probably isnā€™t actively evil.

In US political terms, Zuckerberg is Mitt Romney, Musk is Trump, Bezos is probably Biden. Theyā€™re all morally bankrupt creeps but the level of danger to the world each carries is not the same.

Musk is bankrolling Trump and in turn being bankrolled to bring about the collapse of western society on behalf of the kleptocratic global chaos merchants. Musk wants to be written into history for burning civilised society to the ground. With every passing day his Hitler complex grows.

1 Like

Every era has itā€™s maniacs. With the advent of nuclear weapons, internet and smartphones, weā€™re edging closer to oblivion. I was actually thinking the other day that it feels like weā€™re closer to WW3 now than anytime in my lifetime. Itā€™s hard to see a country or region producing a character that can reign things back in. The U.S., Israel, Russia, China, Europe all upping the ante.

I thought biden was guardrailing the peace?

1 Like

Weā€™re already in an era which may at some point come to be referred to as World War III.

What Trump is is an agent of the global alliance of kleptocratic fascism which intends to reverse the result of the Cold War. The victor will not be communism but imperial kleptocratic fascism.

Trumpā€™s backers will claim he will bring ā€œpeaceā€ through total capitulation to the global alliance of kleptocratic fascism. But none of this will bring peace.

In this system, the US under Trump will have the Americas as its designated ā€œsphere of influenceā€ and will continue to prop Israelā€™s genocide up. We will see a return to 1970s/80s style US imperialism in Latin America.

The rest of the world will be left to China and Russia. Europe will be thrown to the wolves and intentionally split apart by China and Russia fomenting chaos in Africa and Asia, meaning mass migration to Europe for real and the rise of fascist regimes in Europe amidst a blizzard of disinformation. It may mean a return to war in the Balkans as Serbia becomes belicose again. Brexit was obviously the first real shot in this war on Europe.

The decisions that set this chain of events in motion are as follows:
i) The rise of the lunatic racist/evengelical/gun nut/war on truth far right in America.
ii) The rise of a wild west of mass disinformation through the INTERNET.
iii) The failure of the US and Europe to properly support Ukraine so that the war never happened, and its failure to support Ukraine sufficiently in the war once it started.
iv) The failure of the US and Europe to stand up to Israel. Israel is the issue that will cost Biden the election and mean the return of Trump and the disasters which will follow.