Useless cagers and annoying habits

ok @Mac

that quip was too obvious and not particularly funny

thats why the rest of the forum held back from making it

3 Likes

I thought that was my role here?

your role is to answer general queries so people dont have to go through the dreaded google

Traffic mental on the north east of the City tonight. Dart was out.

I believe a lady threw herself in front of it in Raheny this afternoon

Yep confirmed by staff member at Tara St. Pricks going into meltdown on Twitter at Irish Rail over the delays.

I go home down a country lane about two nights a week. It has been closed to traffic for three months. There is a fucking enormous electronic billboard across the entrance to the road, announcing, in massive letters ROAD CLOSED, RESIDENTS ACCESS ONLY.
There is a second half barrier and sign half a mile in, then a third.
This evening is the third time some stupid cunt in a 4x4 has decided this doesnā€™t apply to him/her, and they drive through all of these, right through single lane closed road, past the last houses and another mile along a dark narrow road until they reach the concrete barrier and sit there, and stare at it gormlessly , before winding down the window, and, for some reason, waving me down, and asking can they get through. I was especially vexed this evening as the fucker was doing 20mph the whole way down.
ā€œyou can on a bike you fucking idiotā€ Iā€™m afraid was my reply from the safety of my visor.
People are thick.

3 Likes

Ah Iā€™d often chance that to see if the signs really mean what they say. Iā€™ve found that more often than not they do.

4 Likes

Iā€™d agree, bar they had gone to the trouble of an enormous flashing billboard of a thing. On top of the other two.

In oireland,but you get a better class of sign on the mainland

Them road closed signs are more of a suggestion than an order really.

Lovely bit of parking here

Out in the new Parkway mate? cc @Big_Dan_Campbell @ChocolateMice

1 Like

Isnā€™t that the new Eastway? (Harvey Normanā€™s)

Technically I believe this is the City East Retail Park (non-Parkway)

@Julio_Geordio hasnā€™t a bulls notion. He is fast turning into a figure of ridicule when it comes to Limerick city geography similar to @The_Dunph back in the day

1 Like

:grinning:

@The_Dunph is an awful loss around these parts

And he picking up likes from @ChocolateMice who hasnā€™t a clue where anything is in Limerick anymore

Ah the old ā€œI have a merc. Iā€™ll park anyway I fucking gas likeā€ syndrome

Iā€™ve developed a fascination for the Irish pedestrians aversion to using pedestrian crossings. Fairview/Marino is a great example. Six (6) lanes of traffic, no central reservation just a white line. Pedestrian crossings at either end. Footbridge in the middle but as often as not thereā€™ll be some character standing on the white line in the middle of the road waiting to dash between the traffic.
Amiens street the other night. At the North Star, dark, four lanes of traffic. Pedestrian crossings 10 and twenty yards away in either direction, lady standing in middle of the road with a child in a pram.

2 Likes