Useless cagers and annoying habits

You should try the corner of William street and Oā€™Connell street in Limerick. They dare you to run them over.,

1 Like

I was a little slow taking off this evening on a right turn filter arrow. I hesitated for a moment as I wasnt sure the cars coming against us would stop. Once I was happy he was stopping (it couldnā€™t have been more than a few seconds) I proceeded to take the right turn only for some cunt to come up behind me and overtake me on the turn (he was taking the same turn). I laid on the horn, and might have stuck my finger to the window, then the fucker jammed on the breaks, nearly causing me to rear end him, I put on the full heads and left them on for a little bit. Then when we got to the slip road I overtook him and shook my head in dismay at him. He then pulled out behind me (motorway) and proceeded to try and give me the full heads but one of his heads wasnā€™t working and the other was weak as fuck. I was turning off again at the next junction so we went on our ways. Some good proper road rage on both sides.

11 Likes

I had something similar a while back in Dundrum. I was heading towards the roundabout at the Shopping Centre coming from the M50. It was early in the morning and I was doing nice speed. I was taking the slip road to head down the Dundrum bypass and was approaching the left turn off. The guy behind decided to pass me out and come back in ahead of me and take the turn off. I jammed on the brakes, lay on the horn, flashed the lights etc. Your man stuck the car on the road and made all sorts of gestures in the mirror. I was amazed that this guy could have any problem with the situation but when I reached the next junction near the big Luas bridge and your man went straight through a red light in another overtaking type maneourve I realised I was dealing with a complete nut job.

Ponies and stone-throwing children are a far bigger problem on that stretch

No, it was the Ballysimon back onto the M7 junction, where you have to cross the other lanes

Sexton St up to Southill roundabout is the best way out of town to the motorway these days

Thatā€™s how I normally go.
See NCT thread.

Aahhh. Makes sense.

I have to go back this weekend for a visual, the cunt of a tester broke something that had been repaired on my car so I have to go back. FFS

You were bricking it, yeah?

I was approaching the M7 toll there last week, motorway was quiet and Iā€™d moved into the overtaking lane as I was going through the express lane. Now what Iā€™ve learned over the years is that if you go much above 60 kmph at one of these, the tag doesnā€™t read and the barrier doesnā€™t lift (think the signs say 50 kmph). Having passed numerous REDUCE SPEED NOW signs, with the toll plaza in sight and me easing down to the 60 mark, this absolute ape in a big black shiny Discovery zooms up right behind and starts flashing furiously, laying on the horn and all for good measure. Only at the very last second does he veer off to the left and as I glance over I can see the cabin light has been switched on as the driver presumably panickedly searches for ā‚¬1.90 in change.

Iā€™d be a laid back enough most of the time but there is something about other drivers thatā€™d drive you absolutely spare sometimes.

4 Likes

Iā€™d be of the opinion that cunts like that should be reported. Take his reg number & ring it in.
Cunts like that will never learn otherwise.

Donā€™t get me wrong, it drives me demented with cunts cruising alone in the fast lane at 110km but flashing & blowing the horn in your scenario is plain fucking wrong.

Iā€™ve taken to cheekily undertaking drivers in these scenarios if the road is clear and they donā€™t move over after a minute or so. Hardly exactly model driving itself, but it usually gently gets the message across, save for one notable pair of Asian tourists who happily sat in the overtaking lane going 80 kmph past Newbridge and were still there as the disappeared in my rear view mirror.

Heroin and the Belfast enterprise are a potent mix

The night of Storm Ophelia I was making a necessary journey, as I turned onto the M50 from the Bewleys roundabout a car completely cut me off where the two lanes merge into one, I beeped the horn and shook my fist to which yerman responded by flipping the bird to which my response was to give him the full headlights, the utter lunatic responded by stopping dead in the fast lane of the M50, leaving me nowhere to go as cars swerved inside me at high speed. When I eventually got inside him he chased me along the M50 until I moved into the middle lane near Blanch where he proceeded to swerve across me and another lane to take the exit at the very last second. Iā€™m fairly sure he was pissed, scared the shit out of the wife anyway.

2 Likes

I do this too but if I get stuck behind a line of cars and everyone has to slowly undertake the car, my dander is often so up by the time itā€™s my turn to pass that I quickly pull back out into the overtaking lane forcing the offender to brake sharply. Itā€™s only after the minutes pass and I calm down that I realise I effectively tried to run that person off the motorway doing over 100kph and that I really shouldnā€™t do that. But Iā€™ve done it at least 5 times if not more.

You need to reconnect with your inner Dolphin @Horsebox. No good will come from the stress and anger you put yourself through in these situations.

1 Like

+1. Lot of very angry people posting on tfk.

In fairness, I am usually very serene and calm, harmless even. But that practice of completing a journey in the overtaking lane doing 100kph really grinds my gears. I shouldnā€™t let it but it does.

You only make the mistake of going through that either

a) too fast or,
b) too close to a car in front of you

Just the once

:cry:

A few seconds on the rumble strips usually works I find.

1 Like

M50 J7 today at 3pm. Traffic backed up for a mile or so. Sign says incident at J7 one lane blocked. Eventually get to J7. There is a car sitting on top of the barrier between the off ramp and the hard shoulder. Nobody injured by the looks of it, driver and passenger standing around talking to emergency services. No idea how they managed to do it. Car didnā€™t look like it had crashed or anything. Just sitting on the barrier.

Later on at Clare Hall the emergency services appeared to be dealing with a child whose head was stuck in the railings.

1 Like