Utopia on C4 player

Watched the first episode just there. Highly recommended, though not for the faint hearted in spots. Great acting and caricature MI5 circa 1970 types and politicians. A lad called Tom Burke plays the lead who I presume must be Irish, or a Irish as Andy Townsend in any case.

That was the first episode of the second season. The main storyline is based in modern day England, the episode you saw was a one-off prequel. The lad that played Carvel (Burke) was excellent, but he is English and won’t be in any other episodes.

Anyway its the best new program over the past few years. I mentioned it a year ago in the TV thread, think only Kev took up the recommendation.

[QUOTE=“Turenne, post: 987699, member: 232”]That was the first episode of the second season. The main storyline is based in modern day England, the episode you saw was a one-off prequel. The lad that played Carvel (Burke) was excellent, but he is English and won’t be in any other episodes.

Anyway its the best new program over the past few years. I mentioned it a year ago in the TV thread, think only Kev took up the recommendation.[/QUOTE]
Brilliant show