Venezuela

Can I get bullet points lads I’m about 50 posts behind and I ain’t reading them

So she isn’t locked up then?

So you didn’t answer the question?

I asked you the question here. We are talking about actual actions and not words here. Is Hillary Clinton in jail?

Because in Venezuala, like Cuba before, opposition leaders are.

I did, pal. You haven’t answered it.

Is consistently chanting for the locking up of your opponent in a democratic election a characteristic of fascism?

Words matter, by the way.

They lead to actions which are unpredictable and often uncontrollable.

I don’t think you’ve grasped that one yet.[quote=“Tim_Riggins, post:650, topic:22300”]
I’m not talking about the defying characteristics of fascism, I simply asked you a question as to whether Hillarly Clinton is actually in jail. As opposed to the Venezuala, where you still go out to bat for the leadership.
[/quote]
Hillary Clinton isn’t in jail because the FBI she hadn’t done anything remotely meriting going to jail.

Is consistently chanting for the locking up of your opponent (who the FBI have stated has done nothing remotely meriting jail time) in a democratic election a characteristic of fascism?

Tell me all about how I’ve gone all out to bat for the Venezuelan leadership. Maduro has quite obviously made very serious mistakes.

And because of the consistent and very vocal resistance from civil society which you and others so denigrate.

But most of all due to his total and utter incompetence.

As I said, he’s a fascist, but a shit one.

I haven’t held up Venezuela as “an amazing place”. It’s always been a very poor country, not least because of the ravages of capitalism over successive decades and the wilful neglect of the majority of its people by such.

Thanks for the edit. It made no sense.
So your beloved FG introduced section 31 while in government but @sidney can’t be wrong because i believe in some other policies that the labour party had? You got me there.

The cruiser was all over it. You were famous for backing it

The cruiser? Is this a boating reference from the swamp?

1 Like

This is savage. I have Maduro on 14 as well! Extra time folks.!!

I’m not talking about the defying characteristics of fascism, I simply asked you a question as to whether Hillarly Clinton is actually in jail. As opposed to the Venezuala, where you still go out to bat for the leadership.

What’s funny in the whole Trump angst is that he has done very little in office because of the US’s democratic systems that oppose him. We have lads like you who have never been to the States who are ragging on Trump now. But when the next US President comes in you’ll be ragging on some other part of the US and claiming how terrible it all is. Meanwhile holding up places like Venezuala as amazing places. The utter delusion from you types is hilarious.

There’s a strong argument that she should have been prosecuted and would have been except for White House interference. As it happens the DOJ have reopened her case after it transpired the FBI lied about not having any documentation on the Loretta Lynch/Bill Clinton Tarmac meeting the day before HRC’s testimony to the FBI.

Still doesn’t rise to the level of the left calling for Trump’s assassination, if we are discussing anti democratic rhetoric.

@Sidney is like a cornered rat here.

:joy:[quote=“Sidney, post:640, topic:22300”]
The following link contains 14 defining characteristics of fascism.

http://www.rense.com/general37/char.htm
[/quote]

Did you check your source for that…:joy:…the Rense in question whos website you pulled that list from…from wikipedia… “Rense’s radio program and website promote views such as 9/11 conspiracy theories,[3] UFO reporting, paranormal phenomena, creation of diseases, chemtrails, evidence of advanced ancient technology, emergent energy technologies, and alternative medicine.”… The Anti-Defamation League and The Southern Poverty Law Center have stated that Rense disseminates anti-semitic and pro-Nazi speech while promoting others with similar ideologies."

6 Likes

1 Like

You apparently know more than James Comey. It’s great to have such an expert around here. Trump really missed out on some incredible expertise when picking his replacement after he fired him.

Yeah, I can really see that one going anywhere.

It’s called manufacturing to deflect.

Hillary Clinton called for Trump’s assassination, now?

My word, you really are going into bizarre conspiracy theories now.

UFOs next, I’d say, now that we’re on the subject.

Their characteristics of fascism sound pretty sound, though.

Wouldn’t you agree?

Comey was put in an untenable position by his boss in one of the greatest abdications of duty by an AG in US history. The job of the FBI is to investigate, not decide on outcomes.

Investigations lead to outcomes.

We know what the outcome was.

No, there are only three characterization that matter.

1. Centralized autocratic control with a dictator.
  2. Forcible suppression of the opposition.
  3. Complete control of industry and commerce by the state.

Venezuela ticks all three boxes, Trump’s administration ticks none, nor can tick one.