Versus Inter Borgia - 08/07/08

Playing at 9.30pm tonight and it’s too fooking late. We’ve a win and a draw from our last 2 games but I’m not feeling it tonight. I can’t cheat TFK’s jersey though so I’ll be sufficiently motivated by kick-off. Jugs is back after 2 months out with a sore hamstring (weiner). Juhniallio’s likely to get sent off for dissent again. Tinnion’s playing through back spasms. Stevie G’s close to earning a permanent contract after his last two displays. Farmer’s going to be linking the midfield and attack with his usual poise and balance. Ledge is our utility man. We’ve beaten these cunts 6-5 and lost to them 4-3 in previous games.

Squad:
Bandage, Tinnion, Farmer, Jugs, Juhniallio, Stevie G, Ledge.

I shall be covering it Betting in Running. Just need to sort out the vip seats with you Bandage.

it’s fooking great to be back in the squad and i’m backing myself to score a hat trick in a 5-3 win

An outstanding 4-3 victory for the resurgent online footballing masters tonight.

We played all the football in the first half but somehow only had a solitary goal lead to show for our efforts at the break - Stevie G cracking home a long range effort with the outside of his foot and showing no ill-effects from being last to leave Copper’s on Sunday night.

Farmer, in his new defensive role, was solid and hard - in fact the big man was the polar opposite of the rarely mentioned night when he brought a skank back to Tinnion’s gaff and pulled a floppy. There was nothing soft about him tonight and he revelled in the exchanges at the back.

Speaking of Tinnion, the disposed captain (I decided that I’m captain again after relinquishing the armband a couple of months ago) was playing through the pain barrier and giving his all after initially missing the kick-off because he was on the phone at the side of the pitch. That’s the kind of commitment we showed tonight.

Stevie G continued where he left off and was all action in the midfield trenches. TFK will surely be looking to sign the balding 22-year old on a permanent basis after another powerhouse display. Beside him Ledge and the bhoy were assured with their passing and looked to support Juhniallio, our mouthy lone striker.

Juhniallio himself gave an exhibition in how not to finish in the first half, perhaps only matched by the rarely mentioned night when Farmer brought a skank back to Tinnion’s gaff and pulled a floppy. However, it was clear that Juhy was making excellent runs and holding up the ball intelligently and goals were definitely on the agenda in the second half if we kept getting the ball to him.

Half time came and then passed as it invariably does. As usual, we spoke about keeping up the workrate and not giving anything away cheaply. We promptly conceded an equaliser straight from the kick-off. I haven’t mentioned the returning Jugs yet. He was composure personified at the back in the first half before doing a turn up front at the start of the second half and it was the ginger pervert who quickly restored TFK’s lead.

Bandage, alert as ever, like a rapist eyeing up potential targets on the last Nitelink bus home, was sharply off his line to intercept a dangerous cross before launching a long throw up to Jugs. Realising he was one versus one with the last defender, Jugs, who shit on the bathroom floor of a bird’s house before, flicked the ball over the advancing defender’s head with one waft of his trusty left foot before firing off a shot that was repelled by the 'keeper. However, Jugs was quickest to react forcing the rebound home neatly with his right shin.

The key moment was then to follow, with Bandage confirming his status as one of the best 'keepers in European midweek astro league football. TFK’s defence was ripped apart for once after a slick passing move and the opposition striker approached for a one versus one in the inside left position. Bandage stood proud, tall and erect unlike the rarely mentioned night when Farmer brought a skank back to Tinnion’s gaff and pulled a floppy. Staying big, which comes naturally to the burly netminder, Bandage emphatically won the battle of wills with the striker and brought off a superb and critical save. If I do say so myself.

The rest of the side responded immediately and forged forward, with Juhniallio getting the goal his display deserved when lashing in a well struck effort from 20 yards. The opposition defence was now frazzled and all over the place, like Katy French in Kieran ‘Wolf’ Ducie’s gaff on that fateful night last winter, and it was the brash sometimes China resident that cracked home a freekick.com to make it 4-1.

With a side containing 4 Wexford men, the inevitable collapse followed before the final whistle but TFK held on record a priceless 4-3 victory that takes us above tonight’s opposition in the league table. The only downside to tonight’s victory was Stevie G retiring late on with what looked like a badly dislocated finger. I was quickly off my line to make the diagnosis and I reckon he’ll have to go at least 3 weeks without fingering any birds with his right hand.