Versus Junior Bs - 24/06/08

'When you pull on that TFK jersey, you’re not just playing for a website - you’re playing for a people and a cause.

After last week’s debacle, TFK have been boosted by the temporary loan signing of the forum’s Stevie G. The youngster will add freshness, youthful exuberance and a zest that’s been sadly lacking in TFK’s displays so far this season.

The squad remains decimated by injuries, work commitments, wedding preparations and disinterest and a season that promised so much has delivered so little. As opposed to the Leitrim senior football team who promised little and delivered what they promised in spades.

Squad: Bandage, Tinnion, Farmer, cesc4, Ledge, Doyler, Stevie G.

A battling 2-2 draw in horrific conditions last night. I think the opposition would agree that conditions were indeed a leveller and we would have brushed them aside with the minimum of fuss were we not playing in a howling gale and torrential rain.

We went 1-0 down midway through the first half but responded well, with first cousin riding striker cesc4 bagging a neat brace to leave us leading 2-1 at the break. The debuting Stevie G gave an all-action display in midfield and the youngster looks like a great addition to our squad.

Like so many times before, we pissed away a half time lead when we stood off some fook whose shot was deflected past me early in the second half. We could have won it had we been a little more clinical in front of goal but had to settle for a draw in the end.

One other notable point from the game was my determination in playing on after a nasty first half fall that left me with cracked ribs and a punctured lung and which was inexplicably met with laughter from my team-mates.

All in all, 2-2 is better than 3-11.