Versus Monster - 03/11/2009

Reserves in action again tonight. The opposition have hit 55 goals this season, Bandage is out so we’ve no recognised goalkeeper, this could be a difficult night.

Squad is:

briantinnion
larryduff
farmerinthecity
Smelly
Jugs
Gar
BA

The following are dropped: Rocko, Bandage, Cesc4.

Is Bandage’s avoidance of Munster anything to do with his last run in with a Munster monster?

What a fucking performance. Down a keeper so I played in goals and the rest of the lads rallied brilliantly around me. Gar and rock66 with the goals.

Picture the scene:

8 minutes remaining, the star striker for Monster is advancing on goal, he knows Rocko saved his last effort with a stunning weak right hand which caressed the ball onto the post. But this man has been ripping other defences apart all season. Surely he won’t be foiled a second time.

There’s not a defender in sight. It’s man against man. He opens his body and aims for Rocko’s right again. Rocko springs into action, leaps to his right and at full stretch deflects the ball up and over the bar for a corner. A top class save and Bandage himself would have been proud.

That was my favourite memory from a stunning 11-2 reversal. A good lesson for the kids. Farmer, Tinnion, Smelly, Jugs hang your heads in shame.

[quote=“Rocko”]What a fucking performance. Down a keeper so I played in goals and the rest of the lads rallied brilliantly around me. Gar and rock66 with the goals.

Picture the scene:

8 minutes remaining, the star striker for Monster is advancing on goal, he knows Rocko saved his last effort with a stunning weak right hand which caressed the ball onto the post. But this man has been ripping other defences apart all season. Surely he won’t be foiled a second time.

There’s not a defender in sight. It’s man against man. He opens his body and aims for Rocko’s right again. Rocko springs into action, leaps to his right and at full stretch deflects the ball up and over the bar for a corner. A top class save and Bandage himself would have been proud.

That was my favourite memory from a stunning 11-2 reversal. A good lesson for the kids. Farmer, Tinnion, Smelly, Jugs hang your heads in shame.[/quote]

Emm well done. :smiley:

Only football purists realise the difference between 12-2 and 11-2, well done Rocko.

Indeed I’d have found it very hard to pick the lads up after a 12-2 loss and it may well have dented team morale. The crucial last save means that confidence remains sky high.

It was actually 10-2. I checked with the ref.

Drop Farmer.