Versus Murexico - 28 July 2009

[quote=ā€œThe Pukeā€]Half time

TFK 1 Murexico 2

fuck it anyway[/QUOTE]

I wouldnā€™t trust the scores on teletext.

Posting this again here.

A superb start to the second half with three quick goals killed off the valent Murexico challenge in the first half.

A 5-1 victory. Hat trick for Cesc and 2 for Stevie G.

Murexico 1 - 5 thefreekick.com

TFK overcame a lethargic first half display to run out convincing winners in the end and keep the pressure on champions elect Sophis. TFK raced into a two nil lead through Stevie G and Cesc4 only to be pegged back to 2-1 just before half time. Indeed it could have been worse as Wexican stopper Bandage pulled off a point blank save seconds before the half time whistle.

Harsh words were exchanged at the interval and a different side emerged after the break racing into a 5-1 lead within 10 minutes through Cesc4 (2) and StevieG (1) before effectively and efficiently closing out the remainder of the game.

The run goes on, 9 wins in a row, three games to go.

Eh how the fuck did you know the half time score?

Finished 5-1.

Brutal first half. A blistering start to the second half where we scored 3 goals in 10 minutes and played top drawer football. Cooled off then a bit but still looked dangerous.

Big negatives were:

• my form: thatā€™s two games without a goal. Nothing went right for me with the ball today but my instructions at half time were crucial.
  • our first half: slack running, slack passing just a general lack of effort matched by ineptitude.

Not a night for dwelling on the negatives though. Highlights were: Smelly was outstanding, Stevie G played like my heir, Cesc4 got himself a hat trick and Bandage made one cracking save.

[quote=ā€œRockoā€]Big negatives were:

• my form: thatā€™s two games without a goal.[/QUOTE]

Itā€™s worrying alright, might have to pick and choose how we use you going forward. Not right to be asking someone the wrong side of 30 to play at this level week in week out. Might be worth retiring to Dympna and Michaelā€™s country retreat for a few days to recharge the batteries.

I can confirm that Rocko was utter shite last night.

Would it be fair to say that The TFK are winning despite Rockos presence?

Sacriligious talk there runty. Class is permanent and all that. Even if rocko is struggling a little against the dying of the light, Iā€™m sure he still takes the attention of the opposition players, thus allowing lesser talents such as Cesc4 and StevieG to flourish.

Of course, then thereā€™s Tinnion. The rock on which team TFK is based.

God bless Tinnion.

God BLess Tinnion indeed:

No, runty features, that would not be fair.

While itā€™s fair to say that he has next to no ability, his mere presence buoys the team and heā€™s an inspiration to those more talented players around him. Coupled with his shrewd tactical nous, the chap is irreplaceable.

[quote=ā€œmyboyblueā€]
Of course, then thereā€™s Tinnion. The rock on which team TFK is based.

God bless Tinnion.[/QUOTE]

Have to say Tinnion was very solid last night, it was definitely one of his better games in the DART green and TFK have given him a great opportunity to resurrect his dwindling career. Compared to Philippe Senderos by many, the part time accountant appears to have cut out elementary mistakes from his game and has gone with a no nonsense style of defending which has paid dividends:thumbsup:.

Cesc4ā€™s finishing was outstanding last night and one would fear for TFKs chance of holding on to the wexican frontman should a bigger club come knocking on the door which is inevitable when the season finishes.

Next up are Jackson Revolvers who will provide a stiff test having already beaten table toppers Sophis this season. They will be determined to hold on to that third automatic champions league spot and will only relish a challenge against the might of TFK:cool:.

[quote=ā€œClarkeyCatā€]No, runty features, that would not be fair.

While itā€™s fair to say that he has next to no ability, his mere presence buoys the team and heā€™s an inspiration to those more talented players around him. Coupled with his shrewd tactical nous, the chap is irreplaceable.[/quote]

Only catching up on this now. Thanks for the kind words Clarkey.

The legs have let me down in recent weeks but I can guarantee there will be no repeat of that this week. Iā€™ve been steadily building to optimum fitness all weekend and Iā€™ll tear out of the traps tonight.

I do take issue with the comments on my ability of course. Iā€™m a class act. A pure class act as the fans will tell you.

I do have a fucker of a bruise on the inside of my right knee which is worrying. Itā€™s from a knock sustained in the opening minutes against Inter Borgia and Iā€™d really have expected it to have healed better by now.