Vigilante Groups/Community Policing

Councils couldn’t give a fuck Runt once these people are out of their area of control. Work in one of those Clare towns that WTB mentioned. Its experienced an influx of problem residents from Limerick city, anti-social behaviour up and the local Gardai go out of their way not to get involved. Wouldn’t see a vigilante group working here as these people can call on re-inforcemnts from nearby city. Depressing situation.

[quote=“Menapian”]
I’m not in favour of vigilante justice, because in the long run that’s how gangsterism develops. But, hats off to the residents of Cavan protesting outside their local cop shop. Irish people will have to learn to protest more to get things done. And not just for law and order reasons either.[/quote]

:rolleyes:

100% correct. The democratic deficit in Ireland is due to the lack of pressure the government is under from the electorate. Plenty of pressure from special interest lobby groups but Liveline is as far as ordinary people take it when they’re angry about something.

[quote=“The Runt”]That protest wasn’t in Cavan. It was in a town in Limerick.
The people of Cavan town took a more direct approach.[/quote]

I stand corrected.

There are a few villages in north Tipp and the limerick area like Newport, Murroe and Castleconnell are gone to the dogs the last 3 or 4 years due to scum from the city being relocated out to these areas

“Regeneration” will go down as the greatest scam ever pulled by Limerick City Council. They pawn off their rubbish on the surrounding county councils, the regeneration project takes 5 or 6 years, by this stage the scumbags have become “settled” out the country, will refuse to be rehoused in the city because they have it handy out in the sticks and the county councils will be left to clean up the mess.

Its more sneaky than that. Limerick city council made a big deal of refusing to re-house those who were involved in anti-social behaviour as part of the regeneration project, but then leases houses for these people in surrounding towns and villages and relocates all its problems onto other councils. National government doesn’t give shit if Limerick city’s crime rate improves in the next five years as the regeneration project will be hailed as a success.

Community action is the only way forward.

[quote=“KIB man”]
Kilrush is a really nice town. Passed through it a few weeks back. You wouldn’t believe the damage a few families can cause.[/quote]

What exactly is causing the problems in Kilrush?

Are the problem families you mention settled travellers or relocated from the dodgy parts of Limerick City? Or is there another explanation for them?

[quote=“Menapian”]
I’m not in favour of vigilante justice, because in the long run that’s how gangsterism develops.[/quote]

Totally agree with this. Vigilante justice sounds great when the motives of the vigilante is solely to keep the peace and protect the people / neighbourhood. What happens when the Vigilantes decide they need to be rewarded for the work they do, when they start believing that society owes them something for keeping the peace.

4 unmarked black land cruisers picking up the scum in the dead of night and making some of these fuckers disappear.Sounds good to me.

[quote=“Menapian”]What exactly is causing the problems in Kilrush?

Are the problem families you mention settled travellers or relocated from the dodgy parts of Limerick City? Or is there another explanation for them?[/quote]

Yes to both settled travellers that came from Limerick. There linked strongly to one of the Limerick gangs. Must be related. The kellys from Kilrush are a dodgy bunch and made a nice mint from property development during the boom. They also had other businesses like furniture selling, mobile whorehouses and drugs obviously.one of them was shot four times and survived a while back.

Real soprano style protection rackets and other stuff going on too. They were involved in the GAA club for a while too. Absolute scumbags. Was in the john Paul estate before, don’t ask. Feel sorry for the decent people that live there. The town itself is really nice. Lovely marina and watersports place .

West Clare has it’s share of geezers. Lad from Cooraclare was running a brothel empire in Dublin for years. Mcdonnell I think his name was. Caught in the end.

Is Michael Lynn’s Mrs from out that way too KIB?

Who is he again?

[quote=“KIB man”].

West Clare has it’s share of geezers. Lad from Cooraclare was running a brothel empire in Dublin for years. Mcdonnell I think his name was. Caught in the end.[/quote]

Don’t know what the female equivilant of Geezers is but wasn’t “Lying Eyes” from West clare also?

The solicitor who scammed a load of eejits and fled to Portugal. Owned the mansion in Howth that was auctioned off because he never paid for it.

The mrs had jet black hair- I would anyway.

[quote=“Special Olympiakos”]The solicitor who scammed a load of eejits and fled to Portugal. Owned the mansion in Howth that was auctioned off because he never paid for it.

The mrs had jet black hair- I would anyway.[/quote]

this wan.
thefreekick.com - View Single Post - Celeb Spotting

[quote=“HBV*”]this wan.
thefreekick.com - View Single Post - Celeb Spotting[/quote]

I’d say you were going through every thread on here seeing if there would be a mention of yer wan just to attepmt to give justiification to that spot.

Ennis I thought maybe not though.

I’d say you were going through every thread on here seeing if there would be a mention of yer wan just to attepmt to give justiification to that spot.[/quote]

she and her husband might be on the run but she is no celeb.
i have the utmost respect for the adjudicator.