Vigilante Groups/Community Policing

That seemed like an English group. This seems to have gone down in Newry

https://twitter.com/JPY_Kurdish/status/951881770076725248

Bumped for @kev.

@TreatyStones
@Copper_pipe

How hard would it be to set someone up in this fashion. Is this likely/plausible? ??

For theft etc would be pretty hard you’d imagine.
Ideally you’d know who’s spotting for these gangs, as they all have local lads spotting for them. The lads driving around, knocking on doors selling carpets etc, aren’t the same lads doing the robbing.

The likes of those kev, ones targeting paedos is a bit hit and miss in my opinion. Yes, their ultimate aim is one of good and they are finding utter weirdos who deserve to be locked up. However its the “facebook vigilantes” that I have an issue with. They are more interested in having their 30 minute interrogation of the offender and publishing it to facebook rather than outing the cunt and letting the authorities take it on from there. And they do. In any of these case when they confront the fucktard, the guards do turn up and take the person away.

There was a case recently, in Navan where the paedo had aspergers and was clearly not right in the head. There was a way to deal with it, but their way was not how to do it. They wanted their pound of flesh and their interrogation. The chaps manager was looking out for him in the video and it really wasnt well handled.
Now, the lad is obviously wrong in the head and deserves to be criminally punished, but the way this lot go about it is concerning. Video here.

The other thing about this stuff, is if you make a mistake here and the way they publicly do this, these are live videos, they could really fuck someone up if they get it wrong. Like I said, I think they have the right motivation, but their end goal combines them with having a public outing on their facebook page.

1 Like

Young ones selling lines are the eyes in a lot of cases. They are self funding as well. Worse case they’ll scab €20 around the place while they are at it. Genius really.

Ok I am asking about actually being set up. Wrongly. As this guy is claiming.

Would it be hard to falsify screen shots of facebook chats? Coz at the end of the day, mud sticks, even if the actual investigation finds no evidence. I dont think it would be that hard at all. Create a fake profile, send a few messages and change up the text, screenshot it and make a big confrontation. I dont think ti would be hard at all to intentionally set someone up.

I am thinking deeper.

Loading stuff on a laptop etc.

That’s stuff above is easy in ways although easily tracable

I see @TreatyStones is replying there now, but I’d say for the average joe soap, accessing your laptop remotely and placing evidence on it would be quite hard unless you had them set up to your laptop.

As I said, it is the mud sticking. Yes, the tractability would prove innocence, but the initial “no smoke without fire” thing could fuck you up just as bad

I had a guy call to my door one day selling knives.
Told him I’d no interest, before he left he asked me the time, gesturing for me to pull up my sleeve.
I knew the time so told him and he kinda hesitated and said are you sure, I said I was, and he left.

I assume he wanted to see if I had a nice watch or something, and from that he could figure out whether or not I’d have other decent stuff.

3 Likes

Very easy to do that

Ya agreed.
I know of a rape allegation that was proved to be false but yer man never recovered and killed himself last year.

This sort of revenge shit seems to be reasonably common and almost accepted on one level by younger generation.
Maybe not such serious things, but in general.

What kind of fella was he???

I’d three young traveller lads call into the farm yard before. They seemed to get a start when they saw me, so I asked them what the hell they wanted. Only selling shoes boss. Go on and show me some then. They opened the boot and had fucking one pair of auld shoes in it. Told them where to go. Obviously scoping the place.

They were giving travellers a bad name.

Old school traveller, mid 50’s I’d say.

You showed real nous, guile and savvy there. It brings to mind my auld lad catching a lad momentarily after breaking into our house during the night many years ago when I was a child. Senior heard something suspicious, quickly put on a tracksuit bottoms and trainers and rushed downstairs*. Saw some jackets and scarves etc thrown in the middle of the kitchen floor but bolted right past the mess, out the back door where the intruder had seemingly broken in and legged it out around the front, caught sight of yer man a bit down the road and chased after him.

Kept him in his sights and meanwhile my auld wan had rang the guards. Surprisingly enough they’re actually responsive when one of their own is affected so a couple of squad cars blazed up the road from Wexford station and arrived on the scene just as Senior had caught up with the thief. He’d actually dropped lots of stuff during the chase but had my auld wan’s handbag which he said he’d picked up there and then off the ground. All in all, the purse, a few bits of jewelry and what not were all recovered.

He proudly told us that they learned in Garda training college that criminals often leave something on the ground to cause a diversion. An attempt to make you pause / stop in your tracks and wonder what it’s doing there in order to give themselves more time to get away. They might also open a door to an inside garage or utility room or something when they’re leaving to make you think they’re hiding in there. But no, Senior knew to get the fuck out of the house and straight after the perp. A very very very clever man.

I’m delighted to read that @TreatyStones is cut from the same knowledgeable cloth.

*he usually sleeps in underpants and a T-shirt so just needed the tracksuit bottoms and runners

6 Likes