Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

The fucking nonsense over the sweeper.

TDB and Cillian Buckley are the best “sweepers” in the game. But everyone is playing a cersion. Cork drop Ellis back, he was almost on top of Cahalane sometimes and in fact Cahalane won ball 1v1 having passed Ellis at times this year.

Hurling people are awful fuckwits sometimes when it comes to tactics a d such things.

Galway win the AI because they were the best hurlers. KK won a rake of them for the same reason.
Its usually what happens.

On another point, the more of Tony Browne we get to see the better. He comes across so well.

5 Likes

I think De Burca (btw does anyone know where De Burca came from? The chaps name is Bourke) at 3 is worth a look at least.
Ultimately Aussie is going to play centre back I’d imagine. Doesn’t really have a defined role at the moment and we can’t afford to have him on the periphery of things. Not sure it’ll be next year though.
Darragh Fives had an outstanding year and would certainly be capable of manning the centre back position if we were to be a bit more expansive.

I’m lead to believe it was a mistake in a match day programme. You read it here first.

Jesus Christ give it a rest man. Ye weren’t good enough. Ye didn’t win. Who cares about sweepers at this stage after and All Ireland ? The deserved winners were the Galway team and that’s that. By the way some Waterford lads I’ve spoken to are going on there’s nothing to do next year only turn up and they’ll be straight back into an All Ireland. Sorry but it doesn’t work like that, it takes an outrageous effort to get there never mind win it and moral victories such as last Sunday count for fuck all next May.

1 Like

4 Likes

Had a listen to Derek’s speech from last night - A lovely man. I hope he gives it another year - and not that it will be any easier to get back to the final, but they are as set up as anyone to win knockout games — He needs to uncover one consistent scoring forward at least. I’d love to see big Dan have his moment in the sun also.

4 Likes

Second class citizens :grinning:

1 Like

A Facebook post like that is exactly what is needed to kick start the re build.

1 Like

They can have Pearse Stadium.

1 Like

Each of the above have Brilliant stadiums especially Offaly and Laois

:grinning: The GGA bashers will have a field day when they see this.

Even GAA diehards will have a field day.

That has to be Wellboy, leader of the Deise tribe.

He’s right though. It’s about time Waterford put their heads together and make a decision about whether it’s Fraher Field or Walsh Park. This procrastinating lark is not good enough. They need to unite down there and get on with it.

East for hurling, West for Football. Seems straight forward to me

Ardmore is practically in Cork. Lismore isn’t exactly east either. And Abbeyside. And Ballyduff Upper etc.

Be better to forget about football for a while.

More hurling in the West than football now. Last Sunday’s team had 7 Westies starting and all 5 of the subs were Westies

It’s not that simple Kev. Traditionally west Waterford is hurling country. Listening to Derek’s speech last night I’d like to think it may shake some people up down there to focus their minds on their grounds dilemma. Personally I think Fraher Field should be their number one ground considering where it is.

It’s in a wind tunnel in fairness.

1 Like

Sell Walsh Park, upgrade Fraher Field. Simples

Ardmore is a football club more than hurling.

All the football teams are west