Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

'Tis gas stuff

Dozen AI Semi Finals. Making 2 Finals.

We’re only a small county boy

I wouldn’t start bleeding over this tbh.

Lovely Ground though.

Between that and the centre of excellence bought for us by Croke Park and the Leinster Council shur we’re only laughing

They’ll whinge about ye having a prison next you know.

We have 2 of them shur

He also mentioned “love” twice which is unusual in a GAA context.

2 Likes

Once ye’ve something to focus on and keep ye away from the Wicklow mountains…everyones a winner.

1 Like

I was rather underwhelmed by his speech if I’m to be honest. He seems way too emotionally involved to get the job done I think.

He is a super guy

Laois has no interest in Wicklow, our eyes are firmly set on Carlow.

You pisshead drunk driving prick.

Some of us have been saying this from the beginning

:smile:

He got the job done. Thats as good as they are right now.
Many ways to skin a cat but he got them to win big games and not fall away to bothing which happened in the past.

Everyone thinks its the end of this fella and that fella and they lost their chance etc.

Look at Mayo. These lads live different lives now. They will chill out after club games, go to the gym 2-3 times a week for a few months and not much else. Some will play 3rd level but they have the energy for it. Players playing these days are invested. Or indeed they are now and lads like Devine and McCaffery will head off and take their breaks. Then they’ll be back preparing in Jan-Feb again. Its addictive.

There was absolutely nothing sunday to suggest Brick or Moran need to retire. Brick has got better with age. Less mobile, but unbelievably effective.

Tipp will be vetter i would inagine. Cork a luttle bit better. But after that not much will change. No reason for Waterford to fall off the planet

He has been badly shown up for the last two years — They should have beat KK and they fucked Sunday away when Galway were stuttering — he’s holding Waterford back and playing the nice guy card to hold onto the job. It’s pitiful.

1 Like

We have. I think i have been touting him since around about the time DLS won county

1 Like

I disagree,

He has got them ultra competitive now for the past 3 years.

They don’t have the forwards at their disposable near the likes of Tipp & Galway. Limerick are the same, diff being with a joke management for the past 3 and half years which doesnt help us.

Until we both get those scoring forwards who win their own ball though…neither team will win an AI.

I think we have the forwards, absolutely, if we played a more offensive game. Full back is the problem. If full back could be sorted, ditch the sweeper to some respects (as every team plays a ‘sweeper’ in some form) and went with an attacking team. Some serious forwards there if they played as forwards and not wandering aimlessly out the field belting a ball into a 1v3/4 or taking pot shots from out the field
Re Brick nothing to suggest that he should or will retire other than the fact that he may do so for personal reasons, young family, commitments etc

Nail on head.

Its why Mayo have not done it to date and its why Donegal did do it with some weaknesses. They had class forwards.

Galway had them. And they had tgem on bench as well.

1 Like