Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

It’s a bad look for the Munster council in that case. Logical solution ruled out for no reason other than jurisdiction.

Munster council blocked Nolan Park which was Waterfords preference. Limerick has never been a happy hunting ground for Waterford. I can’t remember us ever winning a championship game there. But this is a game we are going to throw anyway so it won’t really matter.

1 Like

http://www.waterfordgaa.ie/taggedNews/10036812/2119/press_release

1 Like

Waterford beat Tipperary in Limerick in the 1963 Minster Final.

1 Like

Yes my point stands. I can’t remember Waterford winning a game there.

3 Likes

What’s the outlook for Walsh Park? The competition is a bit of a cod if one of the teams can’t play any games at home. Unless that was always part of the plan. More games for PuiC and the Gaelic Grounds.

And on that note what is the actual capacity of Cusack Park since the redevelopment? I see anything from 14,000 to 20,000 online.

Closer to 14k anyway

We’ve always done our best Championship Hurling in Thurles and Cork. Until last Sunday we hadn’t won a game in Walsh Park for two years. We fear no one away from home.

1 Like

Depending on results the Limerick - Clare game in the last round could fill twice that - or barely test capacity.

@GeoffreyBoycott I’d say you’d have to go back to 1974 for our last Munster Championship victory on home soil. Sure we’ve even been beaten by Kerry at home since then.

1 Like

I had promised Mrs Donovan a trip home for the Munster championship this year, was filling her up with stories about Thurles and the occasion and the days…then I see fucking Limerick announced for fuck sake

Fackin week in Benidorm instead mate innit

2003 the 1993 loss to Kerry was avenged in Walsh Park. 1974 win over Cork was the last win in Walsh Park before 2003 win over Kerry.

Were ye planning to spend the week in Thurles?

1 Like

The 1996 match v Tipp was jammers, great atmosphere.

1998 Clare never forget

Crowd of 17,000 in a ground that we are now led to believe has a capacity of 8,000. Stand has the same capacity as it had then. And we’ve put gravel on the bank in the meantime. Hard to see where the 9,000 people went.

Back in the 80s when it hosted u-21 finals it held crowds of 20,000.

Maurice has left the panel.

:eek: