Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Far from moderate bunch. The u21 winning team was oozing with talent and he already had leaders like brick, Moran and connors. I think in five years he underachieved. They were awful in both Munster finals. He made many friends in the media and is a decent guy so he got soft treatment imo. I wish him well though he has given his county great service

1 Like

Surely Shanahan will go in as manager now.

Oversaw a transition, while at the same time putting huge respect into the jersey, and being an utter gentleman at all times.

1 Like

Nearly Brick flicked and hop passed their way to immortality

They should bring back Scully.

Ar dheis DĂŠ go raibh a anam.

Hbv lining up a eulogy here

1 Like

He was always a big fan.

1 Like

Tried to destroy hurling by imitating the tyrone and Donegal footballers and thankfully failed.
The media loved him because he loved talking about himself.
Good riddance to the fat little fucker. A lucky let off for hurling but not so for watherford who he set back 10 years

3 Likes

Loads of Waterford players off to America. I thought they weren’t sanctioned to play if they played championship with Waterford?

Ah lads I’m watching a few videos on social media from Derek Mcgraths house tonight. He has invited them all to his own home for a night of song, story and ól.

My god it would bring a tear to any man’s eye. The love they have for that man is worth more than any cups or medals.

They may not have their All Ireland but at least they have the memories.

6 Likes

Cody would be disgusted at this sort of carry on.
I’d say there’ll be a few former players spit at him when he goes.

The gaffer shouldn’t be a mate

1 Like

Hey , who wants an all Ireland medal when you have a memory of a house party in Waterford on a Monday night in June

1 Like

But there is more to life and hurling than cups and medals. It’s about creating friendships and memories first and foremost.

Jamie Barron is one hell of a singer!

1 Like

Not moderate, but Waterford will not find a better coach. They had the winning of that game.

Davy Fitz with a nicer personality and without the AI.

On a fucking worknight as well :grinning:
You’d know that he has nothing to get out of bed for, a nice fella alright but no friend to hurling

Did he get the ride?

1 Like

Does Davy have an All-Ireland as a manager?