Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

no.

1 Like

8/11 is very shortā€¦ someone knows something. I suppose he lives near enough the borderā€¦

Sean Power was the initial 11/8 fav

Kieth Barry. Heā€™d be a right lad for Limerick, them gowls need a magician.

3 Likes

Brendan out to 11/10 now and Fergal Hartley in to 5/1 from 10s

1 Like

Dalo is with Crokes which is a bigger gig.

Cummins would be hilarious. Heā€™s a simpleton

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a few of those on that list tbf.

Was he with Kerry this year?

yes as a selector, coach

somehow managed to combine this role with a co commentary job on a munster senior hurling championship match while Kerry were playing Joe McDonagh Cup elsewhere at the same time!

with Kerry a few seasons now across 2 different managers. I donā€™t see Fintan Oā€™Connor the Kerry manager priced up which is surprising given he was with Waterford with Derek McGrath for a few seasons

Hartley been involved with Waterford minor, under 21, senior teams as a mentor previously? I think he has? also over Ballygunner?

calling Faganā€¦

Waterford Co Board will not entertain an outsider ( havenā€™t the funds ) and plus they know theyā€™ve a good panel so Hartley is the ideal choice. More than likely keep the back room staff too if theyā€™re interested.
Waterford have the players, they just need a new game plan which gets more out of their panel.

Thereā€™s always money for a high profile outsider.

Might be wrong but I doubt if Hartley will get the gig. Didnā€™t pull up any trees at any level of management, has a very busy business so wouldnā€™t have the time to devote to coming up with cunning gameplans and Iā€™d say a lot of the county wonā€™t want a repeat of the city old pals act that went on under Derek. There are a couple of glaring weaknesses in the team and for club reasons Hartley may not address them.

2 Likes

Who would be your choice?

Eoin Murphy would represent a safe pair of hands, continuity from outgoing regime and be a little more understated.

Doubt finances are there for a big name outside appointment.

Iā€™ve also heard Eoin Murphy is the wise choice here and has backers

Jason Ryan im hearing. Wouldnt be a great appointment in my opinion.

Massive boots to fill and Iā€™m not sure how the panel will react to a different voice.

Anthony Daly is the right man for the job but money will be the biggest problem.

Surely Power has a chance after thenjob he did with the 21ā€™s? Heā€™s also been involved from u14 up.