Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Even the drawing of it looks shit

Why does it need to be covered on four sides @Fagan_ODowd?

Not covered on four sides. Covered on two sides.

Why would you bother to cover behind the goals?

What goals? Thereā€™s no goals there.

A joke, looks like a 12k max capacity piss hole. That would have to be at least tripled in size. Who are these gowls who design these places? Wtf is the house doing in the middle of the terrace? A good laugh all the same. Back to the drawing board.

1 Like

You mean they didnā€™t plan to put in a set of goals? :joy:

They canā€™t cover the side opposite the main stand because of right to light issues with the Ard na Greine residents, so they will cover the Keaneā€™s road end to maximize seating. The other end will have no terracing or seating, but will house dressing rooms, and county board offices.

It looks like shit and the expression putting lipstick on a pig springs to mind.

the comment about the funding was odd to me. They said the GAA would only fund work in Walsh Park and not any potential development in Carriganore. It would seem blatantly obvious that thatā€™s where they should have went. Plenty of space, opportunity for parking, shared facilities and close to the motorway. Sell the inner city land and theyā€™d be sorted. Maybe the horse has bolted for that, but it was terribly short sighted.

1 Like

Carriganore is pie in the sky. They donā€™t own the land, the College does.

oh I know that, but surely there was some way to make it happen in a joint venture with WIT. anyway, wont happen now. Just seems to me to be a greatly missed opportunity.

this was an article from 2009 about potential venture
http://www.munster-express.ie/local-news/gaa-put-best-foot-forward-with-move-to-carriganore/

1 Like

I donā€™t think there is such a thing as a right to light, merely a factor in considering planning.

Thanks for that Lord Denning.

Some MS Paint whizz has spent hours on this. Impossible to tell from that really but I imagine the capacity increasing very much? Dungarvan would probably have more room for expansion, but more desirable to have the main ground in the city.

you heard it here firstā€¦

Itā€™s called easement of light.

Dungarvan is a hell hole - the population and demographics points to the city whether itā€™s Walsh Park or AN Other

Carriganore?