Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Na Piarsaigh , Kilmallock , Doon and Patrickswell .

Aren’t they only after going up after being relegated?

No

Yes

Mattie Kenny it’s looking like.

I’d be happy enough with that - does he live in Galway?

I’m hearing we are having difficulties matching the money he’s getting in Dublin.

Christ if a club team can offer him more!! If true, it says a lot about him/ambition

Premier club In South Dublin. Unlimited funds. I wouldn’t be for bankrupting the county board again to bring in a carpetbagger with no track record at inter county.

2 Likes

Either would I, leave him off…the county cship will be over and no manager got, some farce

Not great reports on how he got on with the players in Galway. Considering the close relationship McGrath had with the players I don’t think his style would fit. Unless ye somehow landed the likes of Sheedy or John Allen, surely ye would be best off to promote from within at this stage.

I honestly don’t know who they are going to get at this stage TBH

Haven’t really followed this thread Fagan. What’s the story with the u21 manager that landed ye the All Ireland a couple of years back?

Did Dan shanahan not go for it?

Jaysus. Dan is a grand lad but a manager? No

Sean Power. Surely the obvious choice considering he brought a lot of these lads to minor and U21.

Was DJ ever a realistic runner?

Dj is keeping his powder dry for the big one.

Dan was grand to have there to balance the ticket and look after the West Waterford lads.

Grand evening for hurling in the Fraher Field. Final score Abbeyside 2-22 Tallow 0-10
Other three games tomorrow.

2 Likes

Should make it the county ground.