Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Half time: Roanmore 0-9 Ballygunner 1-6.

Good grief, I wasn’t expecting that. Three of the four quarter finals won by over 15 points. Not a great sign of any strength in depth.

Semi final draw
Abbeyside v De La Salle
Ballygunner v Passage

I assume that the Gunners will walk this?

You’d certainly think so alright. By far the best panel in the county.

Yes. Going back to your comments earlier, completely changed demographic in Waterford City. Mount Sion catchment area, top of the town, old and greying. Young families from town now either in Ferrybank/South Kilkenny or Dunmore Road side of town. Ballygunner was a rural national school with about 200 pupils in the early to mid 90’s. There’s close to 800 pupils now in Ballygunner NS.

1 Like

Mattie Kenny asked to go fundraising in the states for Waterford County board as part of his bid? Is that the way it’s gone nowadays?

1 Like

Waterford don’t have a sugar daddy either personal or corporate like Pat McDonagh, JP or AIG to bankroll them.

1 Like

They do great gigs for fundraising though. Jedward and Bressie were a roaring success sure.

Or Jim Bolger

Would you ever fuck off.

Players well able to claim down there, keep the head down afterwards & start whispers about managers

What’s the verdict on the Fanning appointment? @anon70480284, @Fagan_ODowd?

Underwhelming

Waterford trying to replicate Limerick and Galway template of low key appointments from within like John Kiely and Micheal Donoghue and spurning the razamataz of celebrity managers like Davy, Dalo or Eddie Brennan. Or maybe a case of too broke to get anyone else.

More a case of last man standing.

Disappointing - James Murray is a selector I hear, don’t know who else is with him

https://www.tg4.ie/en/live-sport/gaa-beo/

Ballygunner v Passage live next Sunday

Pa Kearney from Ballyduff. Not overly enthused I have to say.

Will Fanning stay involved with Wexford now or will he leave the set up?