Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Yeah Mooncoin were relegated this year.

1 Like

Strong rumours that he is taking over St Martin’s in Wexford.

Mooncoin won a Minor A this year for the first time since the sixties. @fran will be worried that Derek will ruin these lads with his negativity

ah now chops, no need to be editing my posts

but now that we are there, wtf else are Kerry going to play cork in a munster football final only in Kerry or Cork? . That is even if Cork get to it, then Kerry v Tipp is a home and away arrangement as well, ditto Kerry v Limerick in the past, cork v limerick munster football would also be home and away. Kerry v Clare Munster final would be in the Gaelic Grounds I imagine and has been in the past . all of the above are the most practical Munster football final venues for such permutations.

having said that I wouldn’t rule out Kerry & Cork voting against Waterford’s proposal for Nowlan. voting at munster council level can involve all kinds of agendas. for that reason I d let Croke Park call the Waterford venue dilemma, home venue in walsh park or nominate a venue of their choice with the more adequate capacity that walsh park

look a Leinster hurling final has been to Munster, the all Ireland quarter finals are always on in a Munster venue with Leinster teams involved coming to Munster, in that background surely the prospect of Kilkenny getting a few bob on a gate receipt shouldn’t be that big a deal. then again maybe it is

Frankly Waterford should insist on Walsh Park . Sod money .

Fraher Field even.

2 Likes

Whatever , their choice .

The first step on the road to replacing Cody.

Could be an amazing coup for Mooncoin if they let him go about his business but Derek will do well to avoid the politics down there

Since 1979.

1 Like

Yerra I was hoping you’d spot the irony in your post.

Weirdo

Derek is a great man.

Will Ballygunner beat Ballyhale they will?

I went along to Fraher Field last night. A bleak venue for hurling on a cold, wet, windy night. Thought Ozzie looked a lot trimmer and sharper than he has in a while as did Jamie Barron. Shane Bennett is a lovely hurler. Don’t think Derek McGrath ever got the best out of him. Be interesting to see if the new regime will. Conor Prunty got another run out in the troublesome full back position. Did well, but he has a tendency to foul.

2 Likes

Was there a decent crowd there Geoff ?

In or around 3,000 at an estimate. Decent enough crowd down from South Carlow.

The next two games will be a test, couldn’t read anything into the last three games really - hopefully promotion and a decent crack at the latter stages of the league

The last full back they had was absolutely filthy. I don’t know how he survived. I came across a YouTube video of Davy’s first game against and young David Dunne got a goal. Said dirty cunt dropped both knees into his back after, making it look accidental.

Carlow are notorious for lowering the blade when things don’t go their way.

Ye are promoted already.

2 Likes