Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Not in 63. The Munster Final was a dour goalless affair

Was the 63 Munster Final a rare Waterford win in Limerick?

It was.

Best of luck in the final lads.

1 Like

We

Will

Do

It

I hope Waterford do it.
My mother is from Cappoquin, her people were GPS there and the dispensary doctors for West Waterford. Some of my earliest memories are visiting them on Sundays (a journey from KK which we thought was epic) and knocks coming to the door from late afternoon for my Grandaunts to treat whatever injuries were sustained on the pitches of West Waterford that day.

4 Likes

Huuuge day tomorrow for the Waterford hurlers.

Can the players handle the pressure?

That’s the big question

I told ya before, ye can’t. Yeve one last chance with the u20s at half four. Other than that, the lights are out kid

3 Likes

John Keane on the right. Who’s on the left?

Terry Grimes, father of Philly. Photo taken in 1949.

2 Likes

Outside of forum stalwart @Fagan_ODowd are there m(any) survivors of the Waterford heroes of 1959 knocking around. I know some of the greats (Cheasty) have slipped away RIP.

Larry Guinan and Martin Og Morrissey are still alive.

1 Like

Think it’s Austin Flynn, Larry Guinan, Martin Og Morrissey and Mick Flannelly. Mickey O’Connor from the subs still alive too.

1 Like

Disappointing result from the minors

Tom Cunningham, full forward in 1959, is alive at 89. I visited him last Tuesday in Dungarvan. A lovely bright interesting man.

2 Likes

Austin Flynn was up until relatively recently one of the fittest, most sprightly and alert octoganerians you could ever meet. Sadly I believe the mind has started to go in the last year or two.

I was told he is not in great health now, alas. Great pity.

TC was at the Waterford-Cork Munster game in 1938.

1 Like

Hope de BĂșrca Will be okay. Looked bad when it happened. Well done to young Daly. Had a fine game after replacing him

3 Likes