Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Go fuck yourself. Limerick hurling was an absolute shambles back then. McCarthy had nothing to do with that fact. That hole opening from Tipp was the alarm call. You’re some fucking idiot at times.

2 Likes

Oh dear :rollseyes:

Whatever harry. Look on the bright side this year. At least you can claim you were as many games as the rest of us

8 Likes

Give it a rest you boresome cunt.

You’re calling me boresome :joy:
Get up off your hole you lazy wanker. This lockdown must have beenan absolute godsend for you. Nothing to do all day but smoke gange and ring your man from Wiltshire farm foods for a bit of dinner :joy:

6 Likes
1 Like

Ken thinks Waterford are 20 / 25% better than they were in the Munster final, and they are in a great position going into the All Ireland final.

Paddy Stapleton (tipperary) is very excited about Waterford winning the All Ireland.

Waterford peaking at the right time it seems. Will be very difficult for Waterford’s opponents this weekend.

I agree with all of that.

But, Limerick have only been ambling along and I expect if they do catch up to their potential they could be dishing out a 10pt drubbing.
That for Limerick fans would be brilliant.

For the neutral viewer it’s not an appealing prospect.

The last time Waterford played Limerick in a final in croker it was a massacre, I fear the same again

Waterford lost that game by 8 points, but there was only a few points in it for most of the game.

Limerick were in about 3rd gear in the league final. It all depends on Limerick on Sunday. If the Green Machine hits peak or close to it, it’s all over for Waterford.

You’re comparing apples with oranges kid.

Listening to the commentary, it seems that Limerick have been in 3rd gear for the past 2 years.

Is there a 4th or 5th gear?

I dunno, Waterford had been flying, unbeaten til then. I’m worried if Gillane hits form, game over

I was looking at footage of the 1959 replay there. For a KK goalie with a stellar reputation, Ollie Walsh was some man to let scuttery oul’ hopping balls get past him. All ground hurling almost.
Q. Did Philly Grimes not start the replay for WD? I’ve looked but can’t find a starting lineup.

Actually why was that hurling league final fixed for the game before the football league final that year?

I think we can give Limerick a right rattle.
We went toe to toe with the in the Munster final and were beaten by the better team on the day. I took a lot from that. It showed that we could compete against the best teams. We gained a lot from that and while the players were very disappointed they were able to park it and lift it again v Clare. We have steadily improved all season and kicked on again v KK. We are in a good place, whether that’s enough to lift us past a brilliant Limerick team I don’t know. But I know we are ready to take them on.

4 Likes

I think a double header was an option because Dublin did not qualify for the football final. Had Dublin been in the final, they would not have been able to play a double header

Different circumstances, different management. A Munster final experience. Beating the cats from 9 points down. Young generation with no history on their shoulders. Huge difference. On the plus side from a Limerick perspective, I watched that game after a 5 hour cancer operation a couple of days before and fired about 6 lucozade bottles at the telly. Seemed to work. We won

1 Like

The media overrate Limerick a bit. They seem to expect us to steamroll teams constantly. Whatever happens, we wont do that Sunday. Whatever gap there is between Limerick and Waterford is small enough. I hope we have the bench to carry us over the line

1 Like