Waterford Hurling (now incorporating intermediate football) 2013 and subsequent years

Not really. iā€™m sure Waterford would like a joint effort of both lifting it, but Covid mightnā€™t allow.

A friend of mine will be meeting Prunty for lunch today anyway, so heā€™ll ask what the story is.

I just hope he wont be distracting the on-field skipper.

Iā€™m sure Waterford wonā€™t give a flying fuck.

Gillane, no friend of mine, will be having him for lunch Sunday

He did. There were two changes between drawn and replayed final. Duck Whelan and Charlie Ware were replaced by Mick Flannelly and Tom Cunningham.

5 Likes

This gobshite is slowly turning me off Waterford.

Jps video after upsetting the county of waterford. They will use this as motivation against us now

Was talking to my aul fella this evening, never knew until we chatted about Cheasty & Grimes etc that the mad cunt was above at the Final in 59.
He cycled from Mid West Tipperary into Thurles, got the train up and found a ticket.
He said it was a real pity that team didnā€™t win more considering the players they had. Said Cheasty was a ā€œ man mountain of a hurler ā€œ and he is firmly rooting for the Deise this Sunday.

2 Likes

I hope you and the old man are rightly sickened on Sunday

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be happy to be sat down watching another final with him tbh, heā€™s no spring chicken.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I was at the the group game that Sars threw against Kiladangan to fuck up upperchurchs chances one year. The church have no luck.

1 Like
1 Like

I remember that.

Kildangan won by 15 points having lost to Moycarkey and drawn with Upperchurch in the first 2 rounds.

Paudie Maher didnā€™t play if I remember rightly.

The Sars crowd in the stand were saying before the game that theyā€™d money lorried onto Kiladangan. They didnā€™t try a leg, the cunts.

Didnā€™t they put 8 goals past the great Tipp team of that era one year?

Waterford put 9 goals past Tipperary in the 1959 Munster semi final.

I meant at least 8 :grinning:.

Didnā€™t they do something similar in 63? Tipp would have been 3 in a row

Ah, Molloy is in love with himself alright, but I think youā€™re being a bit harsh

Was Molloy the sports journalist who was lobbying hard with Breda and Nuala for the championship not to be played?

1 Like

Donā€™t know tbh, though the OTB crew firmly in the LIDTF camp